DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering what HID kits you guys were using i have a 2011 ram 1500 i want to get some 6000k heads and fogs but would like all plug and play and a good set what are you guys using?

·
Anti-Chrome
591 Posts
ddm tuning

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What all do i need to order? any relays or anyting and what kinda bulbs or what not

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Retro-Solution, 6000k, head and fog.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
DDM Tuning 5k heads and fogs.

No relays, no code eliminators, no extra harness and no problems!!

Have now been installed for a year problem free, just plug and play :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Sweet so I think i will go with the 6ks and which kits do i get? like bulbs or whaterever

·
Dodge Tech
1,609 Posts
stay clear awAy from retro Solution i have the harness and a relay still flickers like hell n has burnt out 2 tire pressure moduls that is located in front bumber it is what picks up the signal from the tires.. no luck on cs ether

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have RETRO'S in mine w/ ZERO issues of flickering or burning out...never had an issue w/ any of my TPMS...

Good luck w/ the FOREVER wait for your DDM kit. I wanted a cheaper kit for HID reverse lights placed the order a week and a half ago (said they shipped next day) kept using the tracking number...they finally left China today, effin sweet. That's why they don't give you the option of overnight or second day air I guess...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

x2

·
LU229
149 Posts

Do you have the part numbers to what you bought...??? This intrests me and i KNOW i can do all my own work converting it over.
Are you running projector lense`s too...?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
even better, an invoice....just ignore what Scott was saying :D

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I have RETRO'S in mine w/ ZERO issues of flickering or burning out...never had an issue w/ any of my TPMS...

Good luck w/ the FOREVER wait for your DDM kit. I wanted a cheaper kit for HID reverse lights placed the order a week and a half ago (said they shipped next day) kept using the tracking number...they finally left China today, effin sweet. That's why they don't give you the option of overnight or second day air I guess...

X2

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
That sucks about your wait Mikey. I've yet to have a problem with DDM Tuning. Ran probably 8 kits with no issues.

My little brother runs diodedynamics in his Genesis sedan's heads. But he just ordered a set of DDM H8 for his fogs tonite, bc I kinda talked him into them bc they're half the price. Hopefully he doesnt have a long wait and this bite me in the arse.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Damn that's dirt cheap for those ddm

·
Registered
966 Posts
Go with DDM.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That sucks about your wait Mikey. I've yet to have a problem with DDM Tuning. Ran probably 8 kits with no issues.

My little brother runs diodedynamics in his Genesis sedan's heads. But he just ordered a set of DDM H8 for his fogs tonite, bc I kinda talked him into them bc they're half the price. Hopefully he doesnt have a long wait and this bite me in the arse.
It does suck, i was just hoping to get them quickly... Not saying DDM quality isn't good, i just wanted a cheaper set since it is only going to be HID reverse lights :rck::rck:. Hopefully ypur bro gets em quickly!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Damn that's dirt cheap for those ddm
Yep, they are amazing lights to. I've ordered about 10 sets and never have had a problem with any..

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
^ agreed

Can't beat 'em for the price and warranty. Only other set of hids I've ran is starrotors. That was in a '08 zx10

I broke one of the locking tabs on the bulb a couple weeks back resealing my headlights. No prob, sent ddm a pic of the broke tab and they sent me a new pair of 5k bulbs :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.