DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my dealership cant figure out what the issue is with my truck. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235153

they are now at the point of just replacing stuff because they have no clue what it is. They agree that they need to figure it out because is a huge safety thing. What happens if they can fix it?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Lemon Law

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2nd owner

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
does that matter?:dunno:

and, i thought that you had the Lifetime Warranty through some crazy loop hole not just the 100 k one

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
did you buy the vehicle from the dealer??? you can force them to buy it back.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
You can force the to exchange with something comparable, before you File a law suit" or File w/ the "better business buearu."

What's all been changed?

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
next on their list to change is rack and pinion and power steering. they thought it might have been the power steering pump locking up at the high rpm, but they disabled the rev limiter and could not get it to do it. they are also looking an the tranny. Just about every tech and a couple from another dealer has come done to check it out. Nobody has ever seen anything like this before.

I didnt get it from this dealer, but it does have the lifetime powertrain, so Im good for that. :)

The replaced one of my tie rods, they are replacing the other tuesday or wednesday. I already informed the service manager so they have it documented that this is a safety issue and they(Chrysler) will be held responsible if something were to happen due to whatever faulty part is causing it. He 100% agreed. The manager is the one that said it needs to be fixed before someone gets killed!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Gotta love parts swappers some dealerships employ. I'd prefer a real Tech that knows how to Diagnose :)

·
Lovin My Ram
525 Posts
hey free new parts isnt that bad either...so long as eventually down the line they fix the problem... :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
my truck has done this twice now also

except i dont hear a noise (maybe because of exhaust)

basically ill be at 3.4 throttle turning with wheels slightly turned and i lose control

dealer cant replicate though :/

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
if you cant figure it out, throw parts at it.

·
bubbagoonboy
798 Posts
Good luck man that sounds real dangerous. As soon as i read that i thought its gotta be something with the belt. Did they check all that stuff yet? Im interested as to how this turns out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.