DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Arent these trucks called sweptline or something like that, I think that's what gen they really are.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a 83 (b4 1 st gen) and an 88 (1st gen) and they are identical except for the grills....

I never under stood why that was..

i think 80-93 are the same looking

:huh:

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
We grouped pre-88 trucks as vintage eventhough they can still be considered 1st gen. really. I think prior to '82, Dodge pickups didn't use the RAM designation, rather they used terms like Adventurer, Utiline, Power Wagon, etc.

Kinda like in '82 when Dodge started badging passenger vans as Ram Wagons rather than Sportsman Wagons and work vans as Ram Vans rather than Tradesman Vans.

61-71 Dodge pickups were part of the "Sweptline" era.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Dodgevanman said:
61-71 Dodge pickups were part of the "Sweptline" era.
Now I standunder

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
:thatfunny

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't have any iimages since I dragged it out of this barn. Since then I have completely replaced the brake system, new chrome wheels and tires, new fuel lines with a holley 750, shocks and installed a locker in the dana 60 rearend. Then the clutched locked up and I have it parked in another barn until I can get to it. Excellent body condition, no rust through anywhere, the bed looks practically new. It was parked in 1992 with just under 100K miles on it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nice truck, I have seen Chevy step side long boxes but no dodges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.