DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Bought A 1991 Dodge Power Ram W-150. Does Anyone Know What Size Tire Fits On This Without Modification? Also Someone Mentioned There Might Be A Difference With My Truck Being A Power Ram Instead Of Just A Ram. I'm New To The Dodge Family So Any Info Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 92 w150 and have had 33x12.50x15 in it and currently have 32x11.50x15 on it. When i went to replace the 33" the new tires were to big and rubbed on the front fenders, they were from a different company than the first set I had on there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What Fits

Cool Dog! Thanks For The Insight. I've Been Thinking About Going To 16" Rims And Lt285/75r16 Tires Which Are 33" Tall But Only 11.5" Wide. I Don't Know If The Reduction In Width Will Clear The Front Fenders Or Not. Lt265/75r16 Are 32" So I Might Go With Those Instead. Does Your Truck Say Power Ram On It Or Just Ram And Do You Have Leaf Springs On The Front? Another Guy I Talked To Said He Had A 91 And His Had Coil Springs In The Front. Just Trying To Figure Out What I Have Here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I run 265/75R16 on my truck that is stock height 2wd 3/4 ton and it fills the wheel wells with minimum clearance

·
Registered
108 Posts
sure do im not on my home pc but if you go into the forum on first gen truck pics its the blue one last posted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm trying to find a front end leveling kit for the leaf springs but I can't seem to find anyone who manufactures one. I figure an inch or two would give me enough clearance for 33s.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If it had coil springs on the front, it was a 2 wheel drive, Ma Mopar never made a 1st gen Ram with 4wd coil spring suspension. My 89 Power Ram has 265/75/16 (32") tires on 8" Eagle Alloy wheels, and they fill up the wheel wells nicely- not too big, not too small, and no rubs...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again for all the input guys. It looks like it will be 32" if I don't put some sort of a lift on it. It only has 20,000 original miles on it so I am a little reluctant to tear into it too much, maybe wait til it has a few scratches and some more miles on it before I do anything like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.