DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
361 - 380 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
not to change the subject but has anyone ever had a miss fire in cylinder 5 i got to it was because i dont have a catelitc comverter but i put new plug wiranes plugs cap rotter bug changed throttle body changed injecters wat the hell and its got good compression in all cylinders can any one help me please

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 94 long bed with the 2" leviling kit which made my front sit higher than the rear and i have ran a set of 315/70 on it. The only place mine rubbed was on the lower suspension arm when i turnd but couldnt go to full lock eather way or it would bind up. Now i have 305s on it and they rub at full lock just on the arms. Its a good way to find out which wheel is worped. I have a friend that has an 01 and he has 315/70 with a 3" body kit he says he dont have any rub at all i dont know have not road in his truck. I need to know if any one has put 15" wheels on a 94 i have one and if they will fit i am going to find me three more and put them on. I put it on the front and it just rubbes the caliper and it is a 12.5 x 15 with a 3.5 back space. I thought about using a half inch spacer but im not sure if that is or would be safe:dunno:. Any ideals on the 15" wheels would be nice.:help::dtrocks:
Well, skip the spacer & go with something thats gonna fit. The prob with spacers are.. Not are they gonna break, but "when"..

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i dont like all the unlike metals involved with running spacers. Steel to aluminum to possible aluminum again or steel. Thats a formula for loosening lugnuts. NOt to mention strength of studs, but there are many that run em without issue.

I agree with buy the right stuff search craigslist in your area

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had a miss on cyl #5 also i think the code was p0305. I did a tune up and sea foam, works great. Also found that i have a plenum leak after changing the oil...

A code P0305 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plug or wire
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Running out of fuel
Poor compression
Defective computer

·
Registered
53 Posts
33-1250-15s on my truck with 3in lift(1500, CC SB 4x4 with a 300lb on the front and 100lb winch..) no rub hardly even close. running 4.75in back spacing i think(think...). Next set ill go with 35s...(more than enough room)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey yall, i didnt want to start a new thread because hardly anyone looks at those lol, i got a 2000 1500 5.9 (just got it) and its completly stock. i have some ideas that would make this truck badass but i need a lift kit. ive done some searching around and i still have nooo idea what to pick up. im looking for a 5in lift kit. Ive looked at different places and theres kits that include like 20 things and others that have 5. i have some spending cash but not going crazy. LINKS PLEASE on what you suggest. Help a brotha out !
Please and thanks!(new to this if you havent noticed :) )

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Wow this is a jaded question and subject to opinion. Not if you are a mild to barely any off roader get the 5" rough country lift from national tire and wheel about the cheapest one around but still 900.00.

If that is too much do a 2" coil spacer and 3" body lift will run about 350.00.

Lastly if you have more or wheel the truck go to topguncustomz and get a lift from them some nice components for a little more. Get a kit with progressive springs.

Now wait for the opinions to come through.

·
Registered
30 Posts
lol thanks bro, i was looking at the RC lift. Idk, i saw a bunch of other kits that were going for like 1500 upwards to 2500, i didnt know if those were what everyone gets but i just didnt know if that RC kit did enough justice

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw some great reviews , and i think i might go withan the BDS 5in longarm, with upgraded dual 5500, rear BDS glide-ride leaf springs and the dual 5500 steering stabilizers. What yall think? pricey but i heard its a good price for the quality stuff you get. Yes? No?

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
If you got the funds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lol well, thats so-so. i just think to go with the BDS setup, is that they have a no questions asked life time warrenty. anything breaks, theyll send you a new one. AND if you have a body lift it wont void it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a 99 dodge ram 1500 5.2l with stock suspension, and i have 31x10.5/15 BFG AT's on it and im gonna need some new tires by next summer and I was wondering if I could run 33x12.5/15's with a 2" or 3" leveling kit? and would a 33x12.5" tire fit on a 15x8 rim ok? If not im just gonna get 32x11.5/15's..

·
1,044 Posts
I have a 99 dodge ram 1500 5.2l with stock suspension, and i have 31x10.5/15 BFG AT's on it and im gonna need some new tires by next summer and I was wondering if I could run 33x12.5/15's with a 2" or 3" leveling kit? and would a 33x12.5" tire fit on a 15x8 rim ok? If not im just gonna get 32x11.5/15's..
Id go with a 15x10 rim. Itd fit with the right backspacing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
well the rims that are on there now have a 4" backspacing compared to the stock 5 1/2"..
should I just go with the 32's? My pockets arent really deep enough for a full lift and new rims

·
1,044 Posts
well the rims that are on there now have a 4" backspacing compared to the stock 5 1/2"..
should I just go with the 32's? My pockets arent really deep enough for a full lift and new rims
Well if you search on here I think you could fit 33s on stock suspension

·
1,044 Posts
32s look nice too tho

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Well i guess a waranty is nice but dont see much stuff break to need it most of wear parts are exempt and are what breaks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will be putting 36" Super Swampers on in the next fews days to see if they fit. I'll post some pics

·
Registered
33 Posts
36x14.5x16.5 Super Swampers, no rubbing anywhere

361 - 380 of 398 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.