DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use and how does it work on your truck? Duals or single?

This is my first diesel and it's due at the dealership pretty soon. Not too knowledgeable and relying on the experience of some of you guys. Help a brutha out.

I'm kinda leaning toward the Banks exhaust, but am learning that MBRP is good too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Im happy with my stock exhaust.. call me nutz.
Scott

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on slapping a power programmer in it, so I figured a good aftermarket exhaust system is in order.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
my broinlaw just replaced his stock muffler for a Magnaflow, he says he realy like it, he has a Red quad cab 4x4 OFFROAD Package, and CTD, 315/70/17's, 17x8 Eagle alloy 143's, Banks sixgun, with guages mounted in the cubby hole under the a/c controls, he whooped a superduty the other day, that also had guages, but that guy thought my broinlaw wasnt chiped, so he reaced him, and what a suprise to him, HE GOT BEAT, that stopped and talked afterwards, and my broinlaw showed him his setup, and the ford guy said, Man, u got a real nice setup there!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
What year truck do you have?

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a brand new 05 that I had built, and I should be receiving it within a week. I just want a good exhaust that doesn't have resonance problems(if diesels get them) like some have had on the gas engine 4x4's I've had in the past. Plan on getting a 100hp programmer of some sort without going overboard.

·
Registered
73 Posts
05's come with 4" exhaust so all you need to do is take of the Cat and replace the stock muffler with a high flow performance muffler. Lots of people make 4" mufflers. If you want duals then you may need to buy a whole system.

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So there may not be too much performance change by installing aftermarket exhaust systems, but rather simply swapping out the muffler?

David,
I sent you an email. I had inquired about the Edge Juice/Attitude combo pricing a few days ago.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well the new 600 series cummins come with a 4" downpipe, which is great for flow. but there is still something to be said about the rest of the system. I dont think there is any reason why you would not see a nice gain in performance with swapping out the stock exhaust from the Cat-back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
can you take the cat off and still be legal. and what muffler is perfered. If I take off my cat and leave my stock muffler will that sound good. Mine is a 04' (600series)Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you take just the cat off it will not be much louder, and may smoke more. For a muffler just get any 4" stainless. Bullydog and Banks both make them. And it is illegal to remove the cat :cool: .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.