DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't think it could be possible, but I've found three things....

First: The windshield wiper fluid reservoir is black. :huh: Why?

Second: The coolant reservoir is black. There is a plastic dip stick in it, but I preferred the visual approach.

Third: The front cupholders suck! I liked the adjustable ones. They could hold a 64oz cup. These won't even hold a Snapple bottle.

I know they're minor details, but I can't find anything major on an otherwise amazing truck! Keep up the good work Dodge! :dwave:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm a 3/4 ton truck guy myself but while waiting for the 2010's to come out i have been looking at the 1/2 tons!
Very nice body style! only thing I could see first off was the Bumper on the front... that Plastic cover on it seems a Little thin/soft,It may get a Little wavy later.

And the Front fender on the one i was looking at ,where the fender meets the windshield it's a little wavy in that top part thats pressed but other than that i thought it was a VERY well put together truck I REALLY like the fact that they Put the Plastic Covers in the Rear fender wells! thats a really good dress-up that i could never figure out why other truck makers Didn't do this ??? they put Them on the front But Not the back :~(

But I Really like the New 1/2 tons Dodge has a Real winner with this Body style IMHO and They Need it at times Like this!Can't wait to see the new 2500's :~)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I preferred the visual approach.
I Agree with this 1000000 % That Black Plastic is a Brain dead Idea!

Only reason i can figure they went black was to hide stains from the fluids :~( But i to would rather see the fuild Myself!

anything Visual is a Plus!

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
No manual transmission option on the 4.7L is a show stopper for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is a good thread for sure. I have thought about all the things I like about it but not really those that I dont.

I agree about the cup holders.

As for the fluid tanks I guess that is a pain but I check mine and fill them up all the time anyway. The antifreeze is fine as a dip stick to me. I rarely have to add anything to it anyway.

I wish the digital gauges info had a volt meter

·
Quadder
433 Posts
The dual exhaust rear bumper.
I'm not really a dual exhaust guy. I like the efficient and tidy routing of a custom tucked single system.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Here are my niggles; When the angles are just right, the chrome rings around the dash knobs can reflect sunlight to the point of distraction. Also, I have to use the electric seat function to get the drivers (bucket) seat back to fold forward. That takes a while compared to just flipping a lever like on the passenger side. This may only be true on the regular cabs, not sure about CC or QC. These are minor things to me, I love everything else about the truck!

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I wish they would have upgraded the tranny. I think the RamBox should be an option on every box config. Plus the RamBox is a little expensive.

·
you might be wrong
480 Posts
I am not a fan of the cruise control placement. When I try to engage it, I always seem to push it toward the wheel at the same time... and the cup holders are to small, so i had to find a different plastic cut... other than that, I love it!

·
Registered
154 Posts
The fact that the "dual exhaust" is just a dual outlet muffler and the headpipes look about the same as the previous gen Rams. I was hoping they had more gone the route exhaust wise as the LX chassis but oh well. I pick up my truck tomorrow so who knows what other quirks I will find with it.

·
HEMI...Enough Said!
406 Posts
What I dont like about this truck.....I dont like the fact I cant get a Reg.Cab 4x4 right now! LOL!! No, the only thing I dont like is the key being on the dash.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I've only sat in one, but I think Dodge did a pretty good job. I think it's too bad the rear seats don't recline like the Mega Cab seats do, but other than that, it's not a bad truck. I'm a 2500 guy, so I look forward to seeing what they do with that model.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Right now....I guess that they only thing that I don't like about the 09 is that I don't have one sitting in my garage right now :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
The park assist is just about useless right now...10 minutes of winter driving and the sensors are covered.

Oh, and the factory remote starter is terrible.

·
Registered
154 Posts
chrome grill on sport model....not cool! :loud:
Must be a US thing, there is not one Sport up here that has a chrome grill on it. Sport package in Canada automatically gets you a chromeless truck. I found it strange seeing Sports with chrome grills but I guess there are just not that many Canadian members with 2009's.

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
Must be a US thing, there is not one Sport up here that has a chrome grill on it. Sport package in Canada automatically gets you a chromeless truck. I found it strange seeing Sports with chrome grills but I guess there are just not that many Canadian members with 2009's.
damn luckies!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I plan on getting a 2010 dodge ram crew laramie 4x4. Some things on my wish list are:
1. 6 speed auto
2. ventilated seats with the 20/40/20 seat configuration like the buckets
3. 6.5 ft box with the crewcab along with rambox
4. occupant classification system or a way to shut off passenger airbag ( i have 4 kids and need a truck and my oldest is 6 ) Nissan titan offers this on their crew so why not dodge?
5. Up gvwr from 6800 to 7200lbs to give us the same payload capacities as the competion.
I sure hope some dodge engineers read this. They have till March 2010 when my lease is up to make me an extremely satisfied customer!!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Paint Quality

I've bought a lot of new cars but I have never seen more paint flaws than my new Dodge RAM. I mean lots of trash, a few touch ups and even a smudge under the clear. Maybe mine was painted on a windy day or I had a rookie robot but thus far it is the most disappointing aspect of the truck. It looks great and one would never know....but I am picky...and I have been surprised by the quality. My 06 RAM 2500 had virtually no flaws.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.