DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyones hemi's idle at, most of the time at a stop in gear mine drops to 500 rpm which seems to low to me, so i just tap the fun pedal and it will go up and stay at 600 rpm which seems a little smoother. Is it just me or is 500 to low?

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Mine's around 800 and I thought that was low.. Sometimes it seems like it wants to stall..

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
mines 625-650, nice an smoth. try rest pcm.

·
Registered
139 Posts
05hemiram said:
Just wondering what everyones hemi's idle at, most of the time at a stop in gear mine drops to 500 rpm which seems to low to me, so i just tap the fun pedal and it will go up and stay at 600 rpm which seems a little smoother. Is it just me or is 500 to low?
Mine is the same way. When I roll to a stop, it will drop to 500rpm... but if I put it in neutral, it will jump up to 750-800rpm and hold steady.

I've never stalled... so I don't consider it a problem.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the tip stinger 1 but i have reset the pcm did'nt change it. it sounds like 500 isn't out of the ordinary so far though. Thanks all

·
Registered
469 Posts
600ish once warmed up.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Mine is constant between 625-650 and always has been.

KB

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Same here, around 625 when warmed up. When i shift into park I get a little surge down to 500 then back up to 650.

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Mine does the same as yours(only if the AC is off.)
Worst part is that on a slight hill it will roll backwards in drive at 500 rpm but it also feels really rough at 500 and below like it just about to stall. Mine like your's, I can tap the pedal, or shift to neutral and back to drive, and it would go up to 600 -650 and stay there.
Don't know of a way to fix it. Both of those temp solutions could lead to a mishap in traffic. It's mostly AC season here so the problem is over for the next 6 months.
How about your's, does turning the AC on resolve the problem?

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
mine has idled at 500 for a little over a year now. i never really thought anything about it. i just figured it was the cam. but then again who knows.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Randtx, not sure what it does with the a/c on. Haven't had to use it for about 6 months now and it's still not a/c season here yet.

·
Registered
331 Posts
mine was 500 or so, 180 stat raised it to 600 but if its hot out and the fan comes on, it drops to 500 at stoplights, wants to stall so I tap the gas and it goes back to 600

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
Mine usually is around 600-650 or so, but occasionally it does drop down to 500 when I come to a stop.

It feels really rough sometimes and its hard for me to hear the truck running.

·
Registered
21 Posts
500, 2006 Hemi. My theory is that they wanted to have it run as slowly as possible to conserve as much gas as possible at idle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.