Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i checked the manuel and see that u have to change the rear diff fluid and the transmission fluid and oil, and what really trips me out the spark plugs why?? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :help: :help:

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
It involves:

Changing the spark plugs - the Hemi is hard on them I guess
Differential fluid
Tranny fluid
Oil change
Change power steering fluid
Change brake fluid
And some dealers recommend cleaning the injectors and throttle body

Take it to Cal Worthington in Carlsbad. Jack Powell in Escondido wanted WAY WAY too much.

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats up sandiegohemi. well how much you think it would cost?
what do u think would be a resonable price.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I think the spark plug change was around $200, the rest was probably another $250 or so. But I have a 4x4 so that included servicing the front differential and transfer case.

My guess is if you take it to the dealer, you are probably looking at around $300 for everything (since you have a 2wd). Call Cal Worthington tomorrow - they are pretty friendly and may even have specials going on.

Hey, if you aren't doing anything tomorrow, I'm going to race a Z71 with my new programmer. We have a spot out near Vista that we go :D

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i'll call but i already did my oil change today my self but i only have around 28k miles on it . and i've been calling around and they are saying the same around 400bucks, but i'll call them tomorrow and see in the future to do that when i hit around 31k on my truck.
about tomorrow what time are u going to race the chevy?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
5:30. It'll be fun.

Yeah, call around. Who knows, Jack Powell may be cheaper than when I called around. At that time, they wanted almost $1,000 for it, while Cal Worthington was under $500

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont think i can make it because i work until 8pm tomorrow. that sucks i cnat make it :mad: . are u guys going to be there long or just do a couple of runs and thats it?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
hgalan said:
dont think i can make it because i work until 8pm tomorrow. that sucks i cnat make it :mad: . are u guys going to be there long or just do a couple of runs and thats it?
Probably just do a couple runs and that's it. But I have another buddy with a diesel that might run as well. Give me a call sometime tonight or tomorrow and I'll let you know for sure.

If you can't make it, I'm sure we'll do some more this weekend.

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats ur number? i'll give u a call tomorrow or maybe tonight. but let me know if you guys are going to run more or just hang out or something.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Check your private messages

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok man i'll give u a call. by the way my name is Hector

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status