DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jacob
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm switching my exhaust to a single 3" out the back going for that SRT10 look, so I bought this tip. I did not realize that it narrows down to a 2.5" opening which you can see in the picture. I wanted to make it sound more mean without the cutout so I am swapping the flowmaster for a dynomax. Do you think this tip will change the sound and clog up my exhaust since it can only exit at 2.5"? Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
My Dynatech Y pipe looks sorta like that, but with a more graceful transition. It might act as a venturi and increase exhaust velocity. Kinda like how the merge collectors on race headers have a venturi to help scavenge the primaries. But the transition from 2.5" to 3" on that piece is pretty short...

·
Jacob
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My Dynatech Y pipe looks sorta like that, but with a more graceful transition. It might act as a venturi and increase exhaust velocity. Kinda like how the merge collectors on race headers have a venturi to help scavenge the primaries. But the transition from 2.5" to 3" on that piece is pretty short...
I understand what your saying, I would hope that's what it does unless they like reducing performance? Tough choice, either way I only spent $23

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.