DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
-4.7 ltr racing-
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys on ebay i searched dodge ram 4.7 ltr supercharger and sure as shit 1 thing came up for someone actual 4.7 ltr supercharger...a paxton! first off, is it anybody on this site that is selling it, second , its says 8 psi pulley and again from paxton and with no warranty...would you buy it? third , he says no warranty is too much of risk to take for 2 k?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i never heard anything about a supercharger for 4.7. I now they have one for 4.6 but you have to use the spacers that airram has and possibly other stuff. Thats what i want to do next year.

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
I don't think they are making them anymore because of tuning issues. However, now with SCT, I don't think it would be a problem. I think the last year they supported them was around 2002-3 and were mostly catered to the Dakotas and Jeep Cherokees. I had always wanted one for my 2000 Dakota, but was never willing to shell out the $4-5000 they wanted for the kit.

·
-4.7 ltr racing-
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm..ya this guy claims it was on his 04 1500 4.7 and the reason he took it off was because he blew his rear end! but because it was his truck under factory warranty, he yanked it off before taking it in....lie or fact though who knows....i do remember reseaching these a couple years back from paxton and ya it looks like the stopped making them ...but do you think i should give this one a chance?? i was gonna wait for airram setup too , but i may be just impatient lol! and also , ya from the pics thats whay hes saying, is he had it tuned with sct and is inlcluding the tuner in as well....

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
I would do it if the price was right, it's a bolt-on kit, no custom stuff like airram (not that his is bad or anything).

·
-4.7 ltr racing-
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya thats what he saying cherokee ho..he says its the srt 2 bar tune i guess ? (whatever that means) and he saying it comes with 46 lb. injectors.....lol those are some big injectors for a 4.7 supercharger! if i get enough people to say ya i will get it and tell you what i think for 4.7 supercharged......and to be honest i was wondering where you got yours h/o lol! but if ya think so i think i might get this guys ...and hopefully 1st qcsb 4x4 1500 in 13's.

·
-4.7 ltr racing-
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
by the scjeepho what kind of times are you running off your sc with your mods??? i plan on getting 4:56 and porting my heads actually in a month or 2 on top or without the supercharger...

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
2 bar map sensor, if I'm not mistaken, reads boost and vaccum (which you'll have with a supercharger depending on throttle) where a standard map sensor only reads vaccum. Its something you'll need to run the supercharger on your truck.
I think a 2 bar reads up to a certain PSI (like 14?), and above that you'll need a 3 bar MAP Sensor.

·
Registered
409 Posts
3 bar for real high boost apps. Ok on 8# and full wieght (4580#) with 30" tires and 3.73 stock gear w AWD and stock HO heads W 212X cams and 3K stall my best was a 13.90 (uncorrected). In 2WD same weight and traction should get better times then me. Those injectors would just be scaled back with SCT (use HEMIFEVER) since he has already been through this before. 2 bar is needed with SCT also and works better then the PAXTA MAP stuff. Also take out the 2 AUX injectors so your TB cable assembly can have a little more room. I'll help yo any way I can. Also I bought mine new so you will have allot of savings I couldn't get at the time.

·
-4.7 ltr racing-
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
excellent i appreciate all the input .. ya i think it will probably only run the 8psi pulley ( i would be scared to push this little 287 ci any more) and seen what the 2 bar on a sct will do and ya if hemifever is the way to go ill contact for help as well .again thanks for all that info

·
Acts 2:38-39
2,369 Posts
Did you take a look at KRC Performance's website? They had a Paxton blown Dakota that would do a third gear burnout! www.krcperformance.com

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,470 Posts
Subscribed, this will be neat to watch the creation of a 4.7L ram supercharged :rck:

I could do this now to, but not only am I on a truck budget (by myself believe it or not), but I am saving up for a house, Charger r/t and eventually a 2500 diesel to mod the sheet outa... so this 4.7L is gonna get little stuff here in there, but let just say I have bigger plans for the future ;)

Good Luck bro! Cant wait to see what happens!!

-David

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.