DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first thing I want to buy is a set of headers for my truck. I don't want the cheapest, but I don't want to spend a ton of money either. What brand do you recommend?

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
I just put edelbrock ceramic coated (and nickle plated) into my 360. Looks good and the price was even better. Up here in Canada they were $350, so thats about $290 US. Not bad!

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
heres a picture of my headers

Attachments

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Did you notice any performance gain with them. They look awesome!!

I plan to get some ceramic coated JBA headers. Their about $500. I did a lot of research on headers, and it seems that for shorties, the Edelbrock, JBA, Mopar (not ceramic coated though) and GSMotorsports (really expensive) are about the best for Dodge pickups. Gibson are ok too I guess. Stay away from the cheap brands like Pacesetter.

On a side note, I had two independent mopar performance parts salesmen tell me there is a company developing a long tube header for the 2nd gen Ram 4x4. :rck: Supposed to be introduced to the market sometime this summer. I didn't think much of it the first time I heard it, even though my source was good, but then when I heard it again from someone else reputable, it made me start to wonder if I should wait for them to come out instead of buying shorties.

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
I am still tweaking the truck from the very recent motor job, (still in shop) so I cannot answer your question on performance quite yet- but I will keep you guys updated!! Check out my gallery for more pictures of different mods I have done recently!

·
Registered
75 Posts
so when you go with headers, where do you go from there?? in other words, the manifolds dump intto the y-pipe/cat from stock, do the headers do the same??

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
The headers are a direct replacement for stock manifolds. You can do any number of configurations from headers back.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hmmmmmmm, look great, i'm thinking

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
I like those headers, gonna have to get me a set of them. I am not a fan of chrome though, I wish more companies didn't chrome everything and offered black.

-Pat-

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
They do come in black as well

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.