· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll go first:

Love/Like:

Looks
Hemi Power
Ride Height
Ride quality (firm but comfortable, like a truck should be)
MDS!! (getting good gas mileage is like having my cake and eating it too!)
Factory 20" Wheels
Brakes! (This thing has the best brakes of any truck I've ever owned)
Price (Gotta love those huge rebates)
Lifetime Powertrain warranty
Interior Room

Hate/Dislike:

Automatic window goes down automatically but not up??
Cost of replacing the 20" tires!
Wimpy factory tires on a 4x4!

Donnie

· Registered
282 Posts
I like the power of the Hemi for towing. The headlights are the brightest I've had on a vehicle, navigation radio, DVD player for the 22 hour rides to the campground, the truck is a head turner. Visibility is good for the most part.

My dislikes are the interior is cheap-one arm rest has a small split and the cup holder rubber material is impossible to clean, the seats are NOT comfortable for long rides, the quality of the vehicle seems like it was rushed. The A/C on the Mega Cab is poor at best for rear passengers. Had to add fender flares that should have been standard-along with wheel well liners. Lumbar adjustment is cheap-should have been power, not manual. There should have been on option with the woodgrain for Laramie package-it's so fake. The bumpers should have more substance to them so they can't be dented easily.

Nell

· Relentless
1,834 Posts
I like the HEMI power, that it came stock with 3.92s and 20's.

I dont like that it dosent have auto a/c and heat, auto headlights, numbers on the oil, temp and volt meters, dont like how easy the seats stain, stock it didnt come with a auto dim rear view..i mean come on most of the fords and some of the chevys come with all the "creature comforts" that i was looking for.

· 2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,645 Posts
i like the power, the 20s, the handling, sirius free for a year, overall look compared to the other trucks out there, love how it towers over the other trucks at stock height too LD

hate the gray interior, the open dif in a 4x4?! are you serious?

· Call me Mr.Mega
59 Posts
Here is how it should be.....
My beautiful Dodge size and looks with the interior from new 2008 Chev 2500....that would be a match made in heaven.

· Registered
19 Posts
Hemi engine
interior space
highway cruising

dislikes:
wind noise around doors
hemi tick
poor gas mileage
visibility over the hood..Im 6ft and still have a hard time seeing front of the truck.

· Registered
259 Posts
Hemi power
Styling
Ride quality
Ride height/stance
Relative quiet inside
Decent MPG w/ MDS (decent, not great)

Dislikes:
My stock 17" tires/wheels
Lousy stock stereo
Seats are a little hard
No light over the ashtray or in glovebox
A/C is weak - wife's 2002 Silverado is much colder

· Registered
425 Posts
My buddy has 2500 with a "Regency" aftermarket up grade and it really is the total package....wery tough on the outside and plush as heck inside...huge leather heated seats and the whole nine....it is truly what Dodge should offer off the lot imo..

· Registered
111 Posts
fpdsniper said:
Love/Like:
Looks
Hemi Power
Ride Height
Ride quality (firm but comfortable, like a truck should be)
MDS!! (getting good gas mileage is like having my cake and eating it too!)
Factory 20" Wheels
Brakes! (This thing has the best brakes of any truck I've ever owned)
Price (Gotta love those huge rebates)
Lifetime Powertrain warranty
Interior Room

Hate/Dislike:
Automatic window goes down automatically but not up??
Cost of replacing the 20" tires!
Wimpy factory tires on a 4x4!

Donnie
You about nailed it for me.
Additionally:
I like the optional towing mirrors. Nice work Dodge.
The factory trailer wiring harness AND topper electric stop light harness!
The leather wrapped steering wheel is excellent too (optional on my truck)
I got the hands free bluetooth cell connection and luv that a lot too.
The white gauges get a lot of positive comments.
The delay off headlight feature is nice as I walk into the house.
The paint is very good.
The Hemi badge does get respect.
I actually even like the new taillights.
And I really like the Yes Essentials fabric on the seats.

I have not found a dislike for me.

In your dislikes you mention the auto windows. I think the auto-up feature was nixed because Dodge figured the public would cut their heads off in the window. The public cant hurt themselves going auto-down.

· Registered
121 Posts
I like pretty much every thing, with the exception of the paint. That stuff scratches so easily, you almost don't even want to touch it. Love the colors available, but the durability is highly questionable.

· Registered
923 Posts
It pulls great!
I look more handsome when behind the wheel!
LOVE the 6 speed manual!
It don't have sparkplugs!
The ladies think it's cool!

Dislikes
It's not paid for!
Squeaky plastic door panels!

· Same Name, Different Game
9,800 Posts
I don't think I could do a love/hate list for my truck. I'm not big on the squeaky rear sliding window, my dash squeaks a bit too, but I figure those are things a truck just does. Overall, I am very happy with my truck. Granted, it is far from stock now, but my truck has yet to disappoint me. My only gripe is that I bought my dodge a year too soon, otherwise I would have had a Power Wagon instead of the truck I have now.

· Sleeper in The Making
1,699 Posts
Biggest gripe I have is the paint. OMG !! what kind of cheap paint is this ? Chips if a pebble the size of a grain of rice hits it, scratches if I almost stare at it too hard. Otherwise I love it, But the paint really has me agitated.

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
I truly love this truck and the only complains I have will be corrected with my next truck. I do hope it’s a Dodge truck but I will look off the reservation for my next truck.

Lack of torque and HP from the engine.
The cheap plastic inside the truck.
The 3.55 R&P ratio with the piece of junk LSD
The junky IFS with no travel.
The junk Dodge paint job that fades and flanks off in less than five years.

I can correct the 3.55 R&P, the LSD, and the paint. I can even replace the cheap plastic but the lack of torque/HP and the junk front-end is a little too costly for a truck that’s almost six years old. I believe I’ll hold on to the truck until the release of the 2009 model or the half-ton diesel. I’ll make up my mind after that time.

· Registered
21 Posts
Like:

Style
Simplicity
Decent Stock Options
Cheap
Turns heads
It's got a HEMI

Hate:
Needs maybe 400 HP and 425TQ on the Hemi
Needs bigger brakes-Tundra has 13's all around with massive calipers I mean massive compared to ours

· Sysco
259 Posts
I like just about everything about my truck, it has 47000 miles on it and its tight as a drum, the one thing I don't like is when its in 4-wheel drive, when I turn the truck, if I turn to hard the truck pushes, say I turn to the left, it will push me straight, like the front locks up or something, it has been that way since day one, I don't use the 4-wheel drive much mostly in bad snow, this is the first 4x4 I have owned so mabey thats how they are, I do love the hemi, I just wish the plugs were easier to get to, I am die hard dodge, since I was in the service I have owned 2 dakotas and now my 1/2 ton 4x4, by the way I got my first dakota over 20 years ago, not bad huh!!! :D

· Sysco
259 Posts
dev500 said:
Like:

Style
Simplicity
Decent Stock Options
Cheap
Turns heads
It's got a HEMI

Hate:
Needs maybe 400 HP and 425TQ on the Hemi
Needs bigger brakes-Tundra has 13's all around with massive calipers I mean massive compared to ours
I can upgrade my brakes but I am 100% with ya on the 400 hp 425tq :D :D

· Hemi Nation
306 Posts
jp5.7 said:
the one thing I don't like is when its in 4-wheel drive, when I turn the truck, if I turn to hard the truck pushes, say I turn to the left, it will push me straight, like the front locks up or something
That's the way 4x4 works, front and rear wheels turn at the same speed. There's no differential between front and rear axles, so you will be pushed straight when turning. Do it enough on dry pavement and you can damage parts. 4x4 is only for low-traction and off-road use.

jp5.7 said:
I do love the hemi
Yeah, the Hemi kicks ass.

· Registered
179 Posts
I love everything except:

Prices of 20" Tires (I don't think I need new ones for a while (knock on wood))
Gas mileage (but what can you expect).
The dings/dents from inconsiderate people.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.