555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a 4th Gen that I'm considering and I wanted to get some opinions:
MSRP: $49,695
Offer: $40,158
APR: 3.9
Term: 72 months
Shipping: $875

Now with the money down I'm willing to put, my payment would only go from $400 to $445 a month...but I'm locking it down for 72 months...kinda nervous about pulling the trigger...so what do you guys think...here are some pics...it's a loaded Sport with everything I want...

Also I would have to pay tax when I register it in PA where I live...any idea what I would be looking at tax wise?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
If you can afford it go for it!

·
Agent Orange!
4,280 Posts
Why are you paying shipping? Are you getting it from the internet? It's a damn nice looking truck.

·
Registered
716 Posts
$40/$49k seems way high for a Sport. Loaded Sports here are stickering around $44k and you should be able to get $10k off at least.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You can do better. Factor in how much TTL would be and have them come down that much more.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
It is a nice truck, but I don't think it is a smart move.

·
Retired Guy
1,239 Posts
what year is it? I ask because the '11s are getting better prices than the '12s.
also check out a few dealers that would ship it to you , I just purchased one from NC and had it delivered.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would have it shipped because it is on the other side of the country and I don't have enough vacation to pick it up and drive it home...

As far as the TTL, as far as I understand PA (my home state) requires tax and such to be paid when you register the vehicle. They apply the tax off of the sale price not the MSRP...correct?

I'm really on the fence, my wife and I are talking about starting a family in the next year or so and I feel like if I don't get a new pickup now, I won't get one for a long time and have a 3rd Gen, everytime I see a 4th Gen, I want one...lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This truck is a 2012 with every option I'm looking for, including 3.92 gears and a 32 gallon tank...

·
Registered
4,228 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
10k off MSRP is pretty standard. You could maybe squeeze another thousand or 2 out of them, but not enough to significantly change your payment or make your decision any easier.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
That looks like a really nice truck but the price still seems a little high. I say work them a little harder if you can.

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
It would be good to get a new one if you can. At least $10K off sticker should be easy to get.

·
Yea boooyeee!
1,996 Posts
IMO, I'd get a crew cab, and no RamBox.

The price seems to be fairly consistent with what I've heard some locals paying here in NM.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So 10k of msrp is not to much to ask. we are looking at a 2012 durango tonight. loaded the msrp is $41,000.

·
Registered
981 Posts
This truck is a 2012 with every option I'm looking for, including 3.92 gears and a 32 gallon tank...
You could get even more off if you use your own financing over the factory. Do you belong to a credit union? I am in your area and mine has 2.75% so cheaper than your deal and you would get the extra rebates. Even if you found the same % as the dealer is offering, you would get the extra rebates making the deal cheaper for you.

The PA tax is based on the selling price not the MSRP. However, you'll probably have to pay tax on any rebate money. Depends on how they write it up but usually, the rebate is taxable.

To those that say the sticker is too high, not possible, I priced one and it was close to $45,500. In addition to what I priced, this one also probably has leather, the Rambox, power pedals, and side steps which easily adds a few thousand more. Crazy high but that is why they offer all different price levels of truck.

Personally, I'd just order the exact truck I wanted here and avoid any options I didn't really want and the cost of shipping. If you order now, should have it in time for spring. March is truck month so the incentives may even be higher if it takes till then. Or order planning on a March delivery date.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I got 13k off of my 08 ram msrp 41,500.
I got 8.6k off of my 11 ram sticker, 36,000.
I got 9k off of my 11 durango, sticker 45,000 Sometimes I feel I could of done better.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
No bad for a '12.

I just got quoted 9.7K off a 51k '12 PW without haggling at all. I think you can get em a little more!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.