DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
goMANgohemi
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the midst of painting the truck from mineral gray to the old vitamin c orange. My question is what do you think of the tailgate? Its a crappy pic from paint but if you stand back a little it gives you a good overall look and try to ignore the "C" graphic. I like it but just would like some input.
tailgate.jpg

secondly, i'm definitely goin with a flat black hood and most likely blackin out the grille cross bars and inserts. My other question is should i paint the bottom middle of the stock bumper and the bottom lip black? i'm leanin towards it but i'm worried it'd be too much black on the front end.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
I agree, don't paint the tailgate black, it makes your truck look like a Saleen Ford...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Tailgate reminds me of a ford too. I like the "c"

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
i think itd look fine if you blacked the tails along with it.

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
i think it could look good

·
Registered
35,850 Posts

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
no on the tailgate.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think you should do it the way you want and like. Its your truck. Do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think the whole thing looks good. like headn said do whatever you like. Paint is not cheap so its just important that your happy.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
If you're going to go to the cost of changing the color, I would stay away from black for anything but small accents. I hate black panels; it looks cheap to me. It like you have no imagination. If you use black, you need to paint the whole truck black.

:imo

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
Going a retro route with the graphics/paint? It was called the Dude package I belive in the 70s.

or are you not doing the "C"? just the tailgate?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
The Dude Package was available in 1970 and 1971.
Production numbers for Dodge 1/2 ton trucks in 1970 - 1971 were quite low in comparison to GM and Ford. In 1970, Dodge produced 38,857 half-ton trucks, (D100), and in 1971 just 33,487 were produced. It is a general industry estimate that only 1500 to 2000 out of those nearly 73,000 trucks were sold as the Dodge Dude pickup truck option during their model years 1970 and 1971.

·
goMANgohemi
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i am goin for a 1970 'cuda look... and if you know what they look like, the back has a black stripe... and so do the daytona challengers (which i like alot) Paint's free so I'm not too worried about the cost issue since there is none. It'd be in flat black to match my hood. I havent decided on the graphic yet. I want one of the factory graphics from then but dont know which one. I do like them dude's tho

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I like it! Go for it!

·
Registered
612 Posts
If you do something on the side like the C stripe or the AAR stripe I say yes to the tailgate. Without any side accent, I would say no.

Post up whatever you end up with. Good luck on the results!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.