DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an AEM Brute Force Intake on my Dodge. It works awesome, It sounds great and it shows obvious increase in performance. What Intakes do you guys like the most? Or see the most performance in?

·
BigMi
618 Posts
I like the 14x3 air cleaners from advance auto. They are only like 35 bucks

·
Registered
61 Posts
diy with a k&n filter worked good for me

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
Round filter. I had the K&N FIPK for awhile, and it is pretty good, but I still like the round filter better.

·
truckman323
466 Posts
I really like my round filter as well.

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I like my AFE Stage 2 air inake i have, Seals nicely so wont be sucking up any water.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just installed the kool-vue but I can't tell about the performance yet as my distributor cap is so bad. I replaced all the plugs and wires a couple monthes ago but did not want to tackle the cap...too hard to get to. I am replacing it this weekend and will let you know about the CAI after. Wish me luck.

·
Mopar owner since 1977
1,204 Posts
Former FIPK owner...now 14x3 fanatic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
cai

Hey guys new to forum. I prefer the volant cai units. They have a completely enclosed air box around the filter. Allows filter to suck in only outside air and thats the point isn't it?:cool:

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
me likey the idea of a BHAF on my 24 valver Cummins;D

*not* installed on mine yet:ylsuper:

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
14x3" open K&N is good
Ramairbox with the same 14x3" K&N filter inside, twin 4" ducts from the foglights is much better though harder to initially install.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
I also prefer the open element vs the CAI.
The 14x3, or the open triangle type that I run, outlfow the CAIs.
I have run both and even though the air charge is slighly less dense using a open setup, the increased flow rate more than makes up for it....plus $40 for an open vs $250-$400 for some plastic tubing & a filter.
If I could install an open element setup on the wife's Hemi I would, but the Airaid is the best option I have...for now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.