DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far my truck runs fine no problems with the engine. I am just wondering How will I know if I have the problem and is there any thin we can do to prevent it from happening?

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Some have reported pinging and unexplained oil loss. My '94 Ram Van was losing oil, but I had no puddles or blue smoke. I looked down inside my intake manifold with a flashlight and saw where the oil was going. Rather than the "normal" amout of residue (from the PVC system), I saw puddling. It must have been burning it off slowly because like I said, no blue smoke.

The cause is well, quite frankly, a crappy gasket from the factory. I pulled the intake and replaced the gaskets with Fel-Pro. The plenum gasket from FP is steel embossed so it won't blow out again.

As far as preventing it? I don't know if that's possible. It may never happen to your engine.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
the steel gasket is the problem, it expands and contracts differently then te aluminum manifold and causes cracking, best gasket is a similar material such as an aluminum panel.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where's the aluminum gasket available at?

Where is the modification to the intake manifold I have read about? What purpose does it serve?

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
dodgerulessa said:
is there any thing we can do to prevent it from happening?
The only absolute way to prevent it from happening is to replace the stock kegger manifold with an M1 - they don't have that setup.

Eastcreek said:
Where's the aluminum gasket available at?

Where is the modification to the intake manifold I have read about? What purpose does it serve?
Hughesengines and APS Precision both make an aluminum replacement plate.

If you're referring to the kegger modification, check HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.