DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there something that will help me get some traction off the line? When i floor my truck off the line i light up my 22's and it takes for ever for me to get off the line. Also when i am making turns i can feel the wheel that dosent have the most weight on it start to hop. I still have all my stock leaf springs in, all i have installed are slammed 1 drop shackles.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
traction bars, better tires, air down to 20 psi. If your still spinning them, do a roll-out start. You can also try adding weight to the rear

·
Gods Chariot...the CH-53E
464 Posts
traction bars and some drag radials for off the line. in the turns...some sway bars will help ya out.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im running Nitto 420S tires right now, i guess i can lower the psi a little. I would like to try and get some traction bars, cause i have a feeling it will only get worse when the 4.56's get installed.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Im running Nitto 420S tires right now, i guess i can lower the psi a little. I would like to try and get some traction bars, cause i have a feeling it will only get worse when the 4.56's get installed.

Get a lighter right foot? :)

The gears arent gonna help your traction problem leaving the line, thats for sure!

Good luck!

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
IN the mean time buy a few sets of spring clamp. Place them on both leafs. One in between the overload and main springs as far between the overloads as you can get it. The other one do the same thing from the back side, repeat on each side.

·
Premium Member
30,916 Posts
Maybe you can add a little bit of weight to the back-end of the truck. Maybe just one of these ...

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
i puked a little in my mouth. lower your air pressure as said above that will help alot but may not completely solve the issue. good luck.

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Nitto 420S tires are not the greatest for traction. I have a set now and they are no where near as grippy as my Geolanders were. Spin way easier off the line.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No fat chicks...truck will scrape

·
Sold the Hemi -05/17/2011
1,020 Posts
I'm having the same problem, it pisses me off that it spins so much off the line I lose so much time the other guy is already ahead of me in the first 60 feet! I have Falken STZ's, I thought they would be better but I guess not.

·
Enjoyin the Ram
358 Posts
I would say if you can, get some 17s and that will probably help you out. I have the factory steelies with 285/60R17 Toyo STs and they grip good, when pressure dropped to 25 psi. I get very little, if any wheel spin.

·
Premium Member
30,916 Posts
You MUST warn before posting that picture:YUK:
:thatfunny

Sorry about that; I thought it was a little over the top but worth the laugh.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.