DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
EATEN FORD SH!TIN CHEVY'S
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know how to create a pole if somebody would like to start one on this topic please do.

My question is how many of you plan on trading or selling your 5.9 CTD's
for the new 6.7 CTD's this coming year. I have a 05 1500 HEMI and I'm looking to upgrade to deisel. Right now for some reason well at least in the Houston market no CTD's are around....only a few. I hoping yall do i need more options. I'll take any 5.9 CTD over my gasser....03 - 04 - 04.5.
This post is to give me a idea of what will be out when the new one arrive. Does anybody know the date for the new roll out? :gr_patrio

·
Registered
266 Posts
Have you looked at new... with employee pricing you almost cant beat it...
made the JUMP last month, went with new because of the pricing.

·
EATEN FORD SH!TIN CHEVY'S
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm upside down 5,000. I trying to stay around the 22,000 mark for used. I need to stay low because i have a 3rd income i'm depending on.....witch might go away in the next 3 years. Anyways I have 10k to put down on the next truck 5k for upside down and 5k for down payment....I'm looking to stay around 425-450 beause the 3rd income issues. Right now the money is used for toys!!!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
actually today i started talking about getting an 06 1500 Hemi. I love my cummins and i complain about my hemi having enough power, but for the college kid the diesel just doesnt work making short trips. i try to get it up to operating temp every day just so the engine is happy but it uses so much diesel.

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
The 07's will have the 5.9L in them till Christmas shutdown. Starting Jan 1st all new trucks built will have the 6.7L

·
Ram Tough
154 Posts
I bought a new 06, as I do not want to buy the new engine. I that the new engine will go through normal first year issues and/or the trans may have issues with the additional power. Plus the price was right for the "in stock" 06 I got..... employee priced w/free tint and leather interior.

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
HemiMagnum said:
actually today i started talking about getting an 06 1500 Hemi. I love my cummins and i complain about my hemi having enough power, but for the college kid the diesel just doesnt work making short trips. i try to get it up to operating temp every day just so the engine is happy but it uses so much diesel.
wanna trade? ill hook you up w/ my hemi and you can give me your CTD

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
After reading all about it in diesel power there is no way. why would I want all those emission things to go wrong and possibly the mods will not be there. All I need is a programmer and I'd blow the 6.7 numbers out of the water.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
03ramit, cant have a 2wd, but otherwise i probably would be tempted.

Looking at 06 and 07 Laramies and sports with 20's. will know next week if i keep this or what

·
Registered
597 Posts
I hope to keep my 5.9l for MANY MANY MANY more miles...

·
ISO Right
129 Posts
I'm keeping the 5.9 for one I just don't have the cash to throw around, secondly I've never trusted first model years and this is a biggie even if I wanted one I think I would wait a year or two and let any kinks be worked out.

That and I am hoping to see how many miles I can get out of my 5.9 41k and counting.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Valhalla said:
I'm keeping the 5.9 for one I just don't have the cash to throw around, secondly I've never trusted first model years and this is a biggie even if I wanted one I think I would wait a year or two and let any kinks be worked out.

That and I am hoping to see how many miles I can get out of my 5.9 41k and counting.
how is your 03? It's a first model year.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
My 03 has been great. I even changed all the normal things that go wrong with upgraded parts before they broke. I just got the itch for a new 6-speed so I'm giving mine to the dealer on trade with $8000 worth of mods on it. I promise you this! I will never spend so much on hard parts for a vehicle again knowing that I will be unhappy in 2-3 years and trade it in. I swear I hope I keep my new 07 Dually forever.....

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm sure Dodge will want quite a bit more for the new motor, GM raised list on the DMAX allision combo a litttle over a grand for 07 $7600.00 (would suprise me to see it go higher on trucks built after Jan. 1)

·
ISO Right
129 Posts
Josh Brown said:
how is your 03? It's a first model year.
I got her used a year ago, I also have the six speed the NV6500.

Only problems I have had were a faulty switch or the reverse lights, a pad falling off the parking break and some minor issues with the AC controls and condenser. But mechanically in the year I have had it there have been no issues, I haven't really towed anything major yet, but coming from a Acura CL-S and a WRX . . . well I drive hard from time to time on the roads and well the dirt roads . . . you know how trucks are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.