DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Master Baiter
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's just say for an '02-'05...what are the different available bumper styles that were offered? I always though mine was considered a "Sport" bumper, but now I come to find out it's called a "Laramie" bumper....at least that's what I've read. My Ram is a Laramie, so that would make sense....I just didn't know there were so many damn bumper styles. I "thought" there was the chrome, sport, and SRT-10.

Does a CTD have a different style bumper too, or do they have the same styles that were offered with the gas engines?

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
For '02 to '05 models I believe these are the different bumper styles........

Work special - argent steel/unpainted finish (has varied slightly from year to year)

ST - chrome lower w/ black plastic unpainted upper cover

SLT & Laramie - chrome lower w/ painted upper cover

Sport - painted lower and upper

SRT10 - painted lower and upper w/ ground effects, black mesh insert

· Jeep Driver
34,848 Posts
Oh and just to confuse things, during those years the Sport package could be ordered on either a SLT or a Laramie - so in your case, the truck is a Laramie with a Sport bumper. :crazy:

· Master Baiter
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the clarification. :cheers:

Are the CTD's a different style of bumper, or the same things? I'm looking for a bumper grille for my boss, and some people are saying a CTD has a different style bumper, but it looks the same as mine.:huh:

Also, some of the bumper grilles list as a square opening? Mine looks "square"ish, so are there other openings? What the heck is the difference?

So, just to be sure, my bumper is a sport bumper, correct?

· Registered
22,981 Posts
You have a sport bumper. The opening on the SLT and work trucks have a curved bumper gap. Yours is rectangular, theirs is rounded almost like a smile on the edges. Freelantz listed them all, except the special editions that had the Mopar Accent kits with the added lower chin spoiler. These were the Rumble Bee, Hemi Express, Hemi Sport and Daytona packages.

Here's my sport front Bumper with the Mopar airdam/spoiler.

Here's mine with my SLT front end, notice the curved bumper opening.

Also, all Sport models come with paint matched grill shells and bumpers. SLT's have chrome bumpers and grill shell. I think 02-03 had an SLT plus model that had chrome bumpers, but the surround of the grill was paint matched and the center crosshairs were chrome. The current 06/07 Laramies have a painted and chrome front bumper, but chrome grill shell and chrome rear bumper. I think that straightens it out.

KB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.