Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna give you the most info I can...

I have a 99 ram reg cab.

I'm gonna buy 2 10'' Infinity Ref 1052W Dual Voice Coil subs....

Here are the specs:
250W RMS
1000W Peak
Sensitivity= 91dB
Freq Response= 25Hz-400Hz
Impedance= 2 or 8 ohms
Mounting Depth= 4-9/16''

What amp would you recommend? I dont want to go over $200, about $150 or less would be ideal. Should I stick with an Infinity amp? Or maybe a Kenwood or what?

I want an amp that will give me the most out of my subs and the best clarity as well.

I also have an Scoshe Amp N' Cap wiring kit that has 4 gauge power wire and a 500k micro farad capacitor that states it can handle upto 1600W max & 1100W RMS.

My headunit is a 200W max JVC.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the input...but I ended up buying 1 10'' Alpine type e sub at bestbuy. I could have gotten a type r for less on ebay,kinda a stupid quick decision, but I'm not sold on ebay yet. Could be a scam, could take weeks to get it, they could screw me, counting s/h it might be even more, etc...I just wanted to skip the possible problems & hassle & just get a sub at best buy.

I may get another 10'' type e...prolly will.

Plus I could have gotten a wireing kit & cap at bestbuy for like a couple hundred, but got one just as good at walmart with my discount for about $80. And I now someone who said they may hook up my 2 subs & amp for $30, compared to the $150-200 best buy would charge. So with the money I saved on my wires, cap & instal...I still can splurge a little on the subs. I couldnt even find a cheaper price for the am I was thinking about.

And I got a better sub supposedly, was gonna get an Infinity, but got a type e. Prolly just stick with alpine & get an alpine amp.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
JonRoc said:
And I now someone who said they may hook up my 2 subs & amp for $30, compared to the $150-200 best buy would charge.
You could save the $30 and do it yourself. It might seem very complicated, but its really not, plus you'll know more about your equipment. At least get your friend to explain everything as he goes so you'll know if something goes wrong, where to look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.