DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
look at this beauty! these are full floating poly bushings. but no grease fittings. i have no prob roto zippin flutes into the poly. no prob to drill and tap threads in the control arms for it. even a small hole in the bolt collar in order to lube the bolt. topgunz greases there's. dont believe skyjacker does!
SHOULD I?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
skyjacker has zerks all the way around.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would too. At least it'll keep the bushings from squeaking.
think it might squeek? my thoughts too.
what could be the down fall to drilling these c arms or drilling the bolt collars, will it make anything week?

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
apparently the oe engineer wasnt thinking rotation either. the rubber bushings are casted or bonded, so the only articulation is available due to twisting the guts out of it. the poly will actually rotate in the bushing. seems to me like it is a pivot point! not much movement though it is a pivot point. LENGTH of the arm actually reduces the rotational loads. meaning shorter arms will bare MORE rotation. thinking zerk!

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a long arm and bushing like the lower track bar end will forgo less twist for the same amount of compression, because of the long radius of travel.
i've seen other poly arm bushings without zerks before.
guess that's what two fifty buys!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
my skyjacker arms have zerks on both bushings ends......just tapped them in and called it good.....the bushings also were alittle diff.....they have grooves for grease to pack in there and stay.....get some zerks.....drill the correct size hole tap them in.....grease em up....done

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
what a zerk.....:gr_patrio

Attachments

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i need some stickers for mine!
nice picts DP. your daughters new camera is working well for you!
the zerks are on the bottom. i would worry being the lowest place on the truck. could get knocked around.
thought to place 90* zerk on top of lower arm, facing the tube,/ on the top arm- thinking on the bottom 90* facing the tube. looks as if theres enough room in the mount brackets for a grease gun.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You can always get 45 and 90 degree zerks too if you want to put it up on top, in case the grease gun tip wont fit around that bracket. You could even put it on the back up above where dodgepickup has his, kinda protected by the bracket, and use a 90 degree so it points down, and you can connect the gun easily without the bracket in the way.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
i need some stickers for mine!
nice picts DP. your daughters new camera is working well for you!
the zerks are on the bottom. i would worry being the lowest place on the truck. could get knocked around.
thought to place 90* zerk on top of lower arm, facing the tube,/ on the top arm- thinking on the bottom 90* facing the tube. looks as if theres enough room in the mount brackets for a grease gun.
not to shabby for a 45 dollar kids camera.....better then the other one i got her lol.....if they get knock off how much are new zerks? 2,3,4,5 bucks?.....i wouldnt worry about that......:gr_patrio

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOTHERS OUT THERE.......:D

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
What's a Zerk?!?!? Zerk is the son of The Evil Emperor Zurg. I thought eveyone knew that. Just ask Buzz Lightyear, he knows him.

;)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
At Summit racing.

Grease Fitting Assortment Kit, 70-piece, Assorted SAE/Metric Sizes, Clear Plastic Case, Kit

Part Number: WMR-W5215 More Detail …

$9.95

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they are ready.
i used to install fire protection equipment, so pipe threading is no big deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got these from Top Gun Customz. Zerks on each end.
whats different about your frame brackets. mine dont look like that. since when did the frame brackets change?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
wow ricker just put it on.......:worthy:

thats a nice looking long arm set up got going there.......:gr_patrio
how much lift 7-10?......

·
Registered
756 Posts
Zerk fittings look good. I installed the upper control arms so the zerk fittings were up and the lower control arms so their zerks would face down so I can get to 'em all. Do you have a picture of your brackets, I don't think they changed 'em at all but I could be wrong.

Thanks DodgePickup, no long arm setup, regular control arms from Top Gun Custom (1" longer lower arm for 3" lift) that I had powdercoated red.

3" suspension and 3" body lift

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.