DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would just like to give everyone an update on my truck and its' happenings. So I went down to Droptoberfest in Nanticoke, PA this past weekend, had a blast. Drove down in that semi-hurricane on Friday and had the show on Saturday (took 2nd place in fullsize). But on to the real meaning of this post. On saturday morning my compressor would not turn on, blew the solenoid for the 'bags. While we were looking at the compressor and such, my buddy noticed that my LR lower shock mount had broken off and my shock was just hangin' there (explains some of my vibration on the way down, lol). Went to the show no problems. Went to make a beer run afterwards and my brake pedal goes to the floor. Get back and head to Applebees for dinner and there is brake fluid all over mt RF wheel. Banjo bolt on the caliper came loose. Simple fix in the parking lot and some new fluid and I was set. So me and my buddies make the 375 mile trip home pretty uneventful. Tuesday comes and I go to head down to my buddies to re-weld the lower shock mount. As Im doing about 70mph on the highway my truck just starts to vilolently sway and rock back and forth. WTF! :VHOT: I pull over and get out to think that my truck aired itself out and my wheels and tires are distroyed.....nope. My panhard bar snapped in two :mad: Looks like the stress of only one rear shock working put too much stress on the right side of the suspension and the bar just let loose. It was not a fun time. Gladly I had AAA and got flatbedded back to my house. Now its off to get a new bar made and start tearing the truck apart for next year.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
damn dude, sorry to hear all that.

·
Get Drunk and Be Somebody
920 Posts
wow.... at least you are ok and the truck in one peice... some of it is a few peices

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
sorry that all happened at once man, good thing it wasn't the tires and rims though!

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yeah, you got kinda lucky there bro. Hope its all worked out cool and is even better than before though.

KB

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone. Hopefully I will have the interior stripped in 2-3 weeks and start buliding it for next year.

·
They bend 'em, I mend 'em
321 Posts
Good to hear you didnt bite it and the truck isnt too badly damaged. On the flip side, sucks to see it on the flatbed thats not going to a show.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.