DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems with a leak somwhere in my interior, the carpet is soaked. It has been happening for about the last 6-8 months, about 4 months ago i completeley tore out my interior and couldnt find a leak?!? Has anyone else had a porblem like this? The only mods i have is a 3 inch lift intake exhaust, and on the interior i have upgraded sound, and tinted windows.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I was reading a similar post about a guy who's third brake light was leaking and the water was running along and down the pillars and down to the carpet. Might want to start looking there, provided that it's not coolant!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just take a hose and spray the area around the third tail lite on top of the cab. Then look inside for leaks-sometimes leaks will show up around the rear window also-especially if its a slider. Good Luck.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Could also be the heater core. Do you only notice it when it is wet outside or wet and dry?

·
Banned
45 Posts
I had this problem and found that water got into the cab at two locations: the third brake light and the AC drain. I just fabricated a new seal (out of house window foam seal) for the brake light, and put a hose elbow on the AC drain (at the engine bay), so water goes down thru the hose instead of back into the cab. Problem solved.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input, ill check the third break light. Its only wet after it rains so im guessing that that is the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wet Carpet

Was it your third break light that was leaking? It gets really wet right nixt to my door sills, and under the driver and passenger floormats.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Could be the weatherstripping or window seals?

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
mine done this as well and it was the third brake light seal. installed new one and all problems gone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
wet floor

Yes mine was leaking from the 3rd lite. I just pulled it out and put clear on it . It wasant even sealed from the factory. I hope you get it fixed. :gr_patrio

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.