DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, the carpet on the driver side underneath my mat is always wet, i know its not the a/c line cause i have replaced it and siliconed it off.

Its been sunny here for a week straight, so i know i havent drove through any water or anything. My best guess was that when i use my window washer fluid the water (after wiped) slides down into the plastic piece above where my window seals. I took that off tonight and siliconed around where the molding meets the other molding in hopes this will fix my problem...

Has anyone had this problem and/or fixed their wet floors?.... Or has any suggestions......

·
moparman505
217 Posts
Funny you had no replies, many of us have had leaks with these puppies. I had two soaking my driver's side . First one was from rear cab window bottom corner drivers side slobbering down into mat. Second one stemmed from drivers door. Plastic (vapour) sheet had broken away and the bottom drain holes were plugged in door. Holes were cleared and plastic was reglued on. The rear window leak was solved with some silicone. Good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! i'll check on those... glad someone said something..

·
Registered
549 Posts
yep I have the same problem here durin the rainy season, real PITA. I haven't been able to figure it out yet, we should make this a sticky. That way all the fixes can be compiled onto one thread

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
^^^^^^ Agreed! I had the leak on my passenger side where the drain tube is. There was no hose on the tube so the watter was running right back into the cab. I applied too muc silicone around the tube then clamped a piece of 3/4" hose to it and slopped the silicone around it too. TO this day no leak.

How do we make this a "Sticky" thread?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm glad someone said something. I have the same problem, but I have a small windshield leak. Now I've got a few other places to check. Thanks guys!

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
only leak so far on mine was from the sunroof and a little vasaline on the gasket fixed that

·
Registered
213 Posts
Rear third brake light is a leaky spot also. Water gets past it and runs down behind the back seat and under to the carpet.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
theres also a TSB on the rear window leaking on drivers side as well . dodgeram.org has all the info .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well this weekend i went to a state wide meet for texas, and i found that the brake line running from my master cylinder to my front driver brake has actually rubbed itself a whole from vibration on the finder well, who knew, so on the way back from the meet, (4 hour drive), i had to stop alot to make sure i didnt run out of fluid. -really sucked-

So thats first order of business, but when i get that problem solved im going to go through my truck and seal up everything and anything anybody on this thread has posted, cause im so tired of the wet floors!!!

Thanks again everyone...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well, this blows! It rained a little this morning and turned to snow after sun up. I parked my truck facing downhill so the windshield leak wouldn't run into the drivers side floor. Well, lo and behold, I just drove it and the floor is wetter than ever! Water has to be coming in from the back, not the front. So now I know I have two leaks. It's always something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.