DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
took my 03 2500 4x4 5.9L HO with 106xxx miles to the track for the 1st time and I am very pleased with the results. the only mods are a gutted torque tube, and a swiss cheese airbox; 16.9,16.8,16.6 all at 80 mph. On the 16.6 run I took out the stock type paper filter out (I should know better) because it was super dirty. The tranny shifte beautifuly at wot, wish it worked that good during norman driving LOL.

Im was thinking of getting a SMARTY, but I found this kit on rpmoutlet, and for @ the same money (699.99) I can get an intake (s&b), 4" turbo back exhaust, and a diablosport predator programmer, is this a good kit? I can also get a 5" Turbo Back Ex. for @ 150.00 more too, should I , for lower egt temps? and of course I know not to yank up all the power, well not till I get a converter and TB for sure.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
If the tranny is already having issues under normal driving you're on borrowed time my man. If you add more power be careful or be ready to fork out some change.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
A 5" exhaust won't yield you any gains with little mods, the stock 4" can handle those easy. The only thing i'd do is because you've got a 03 is change your downpipe to one from a 04.5+ so it's 4". Your EGT's shouldn't be to bad with just a programmer, and strait piping will help that, and a lot cheaper then all new exhaust. Don't order from rpmoutlet! I bought my guages there, and they are frigging terrible and not very good prices, much better places to order from like dieselmanor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tranny

tranny works fine 99% of the time, other than the bad 1-2 shift, and the ocassional "wont shift out of 1st" (rarely) I plan on a turbo upgrade thats why I asked if the 5" exhaust would be better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.