DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a good time last night. I ran with Daytona81 and a few of his buddies. My best run of the night was a 8.76 @ 78.77mph. It was 79* on the overhead when I made this pass, and then I had to leave because the ricer crew rolled in and the lines were HUGE!!! All in all, I made 7 passs between 8.88 and 8.76, so the truck was running very consistant. 60' times are still not as quick as I expect them to be...I am running anywhere from 1.95 to 1.99 on the 60' times, but maybe its just the warmer air that is holding me back??? I am going back to the track the weekend of the 20th, so maybe it will bee cool enough them to post up some quicker times.

Daytona81 ran his new personal best as well with a 9.18 @ 77.xx mph. His truck is really coming along and he might even see 8.9's in some cooler air!! I had fun Ray!! **Except for the ride back home** HAHAHA
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
I know there is no break in period for the torque converters, but Wayne mentioned that they would get better over time and you wouldn't feel the full effect until 5000 miles....not sure if the Edge is similar :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sawcut64 said:
I know there is no break in period for the torque converters, but Wayne mentioned that they would get better over time and you wouldn't feel the full effect until 5000 miles....not sure if the Edge is similar :dunno:
I was told the same thing with the Edge converter, but I have buddies that went 1.8's with less than 500 miles on the converter...and my truck is even lighter, so I dont understand why I am not cutting those same 60' times. BUT, they are in Dallas and it was about 20* cooler and less humid than what I am running in down here...maybe thats the only difference. I dont feel like I am spinning on the line, but a couple people last night told me that I was barely spinning...So I will drop the tire pressure next time out and have somebody hold the video camera on my rear tires so that I can see if they are spinning or not.

If these 60' times dont start falling quick, then I might have to give Andre a call and see if there is anything he can do to it to give me some better off the line power with it. On the street, its a MONSTER, but its just not giving me the gain I was expecting at the track. I wont give up on it or say anything bad about it until I have run it in colder air, but if I am not cutting mid 1.8's this winter, then I will sell it and try an APS.
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
That's exactly what I used to do running slicks, DR's, or checking out what the rear suspension was doing, have someone put a video camera on a tripod and film your launch...a lot of times you can't hear/feel them spin but they are. 20 degrees and less humidity is a HUGE difference, what tire pressure are you running them at? If it were me I'd have them set at 15-18 PSI, when I was running DR's that was the sweet spot for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sawcut64 said:
That's exactly what I used to do running slicks, DR's, or checking out what the rear suspension was doing, have someone put a video camera on a tripod and film your launch...a lot of times you can't hear/feel them spin but they are. 20 degrees and less humidity is a HUGE difference, what tire pressure are you running them at? If it were me I'd have them set at 15-18 PSI, when I was running DR's that was the sweet spot for me.
I am still playing with them. I have them set with LOTS of air right now (30psi). I wanted to see if I could get them to hook with that much air in them. And since I didnt feel them spin, I thought they were hooking fine. Next time out, I will start with 25psi, and drop from there if I am still spinning.
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
Every time I ran the DR's with anything over 20 PSI they were almost as ineffective as street tires. Drop them suckers down....you'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sawcut64 said:
Every time I ran the DR's with anything over 20 PSI they were almost as ineffective as street tires. Drop them suckers down....you'll see.
I will definately try it next time!! I need to get my wideband installed as well. It has been sitting in my room just staring at me for a week now.
 

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
Come up tomorrow, Erik and I are installing his we can do yours too!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sawcut64 said:
Come up tomorrow, Erik and I are installing his we can do yours too!!
I wish I could. I am gonna go wade fishing in Galveston later today, and have to wake up at 5am Monday morning, so I think I would be dead if I tried to pull that off.
 

·
University of Houston
Joined
·
651 Posts
would gears help in this situation to get u off the line better 4.56's j/w
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pntballer101 said:
would gears help in this situation to get u off the line better 4.56's j/w
They would help, but 4.56's just wouldnt be practical for my truck and driving style. I bought a set a while back, but decided not to install them because they just arent right for the type of driving I do.
 

·
Fast SHOW Truck
Joined
·
4,445 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
I had a good time last night. I ran with Daytona81 and a few of his buddies. My best run of the night was a 8.76 @ 78.77mph. It was 79* on the overhead when I made this pass, and then I had to leave because the ricer crew rolled in and the lines were HUGE!!! All in all, I made 7 passs between 8.88 and 8.76, so the truck was running very consistant. 60' times are still not as quick as I expect them to be...I am running anywhere from 1.95 to 1.99 on the 60' times, but maybe its just the warmer air that is holding me back??? I am going back to the track the weekend of the 20th, so maybe it will bee cool enough them to post up some quicker times.

Daytona81 ran his new personal best as well with a 9.18 @ 77.xx mph. His truck is really coming along and he might even see 8.9's in some cooler air!! I had fun Ray!! **Except for the ride back home** HAHAHA
i sure did have a good time last night im so glad i got headers but anyways my best time was

60 ft- 2.1449
1/8 ET - 9.1809
1/8 MPH-77.08
TEMP-80 DEGREES
 

·
Fast SHOW Truck
Joined
·
4,445 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
I had a good time last night. I ran with Daytona81 and a few of his buddies. My best run of the night was a 8.76 @ 78.77mph. It was 79* on the overhead when I made this pass, and then I had to leave because the ricer crew rolled in and the lines were HUGE!!! All in all, I made 7 passs between 8.88 and 8.76, so the truck was running very consistant. 60' times are still not as quick as I expect them to be...I am running anywhere from 1.95 to 1.99 on the 60' times, but maybe its just the warmer air that is holding me back??? I am going back to the track the weekend of the 20th, so maybe it will bee cool enough them to post up some quicker times.

Daytona81 ran his new personal best as well with a 9.18 @ 77.xx mph. His truck is really coming along and he might even see 8.9's in some cooler air!! I had fun Ray!! **Except for the ride back home** HAHAHA
I TOLD U.....U GOTTA STAY AWAY FROM THAT 5TH WARD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,066 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
I had a good time last night. I ran with Daytona81 and a few of his buddies. My best run of the night was a 8.76 @ 78.77mph. It was 79* on the overhead when I made this pass, and then I had to leave because the ricer crew rolled in and the lines were HUGE!!! All in all, I made 7 passs between 8.88 and 8.76, so the truck was running very consistant. 60' times are still not as quick as I expect them to be...I am running anywhere from 1.95 to 1.99 on the 60' times, but maybe its just the warmer air that is holding me back??? I am going back to the track the weekend of the 20th, so maybe it will bee cool enough them to post up some quicker times.

Daytona81 ran his new personal best as well with a 9.18 @ 77.xx mph. His truck is really coming along and he might even see 8.9's in some cooler air!! I had fun Ray!! **Except for the ride back home** HAHAHA
Do you change your oil after that many runs? By the way your cool weather is here. I got up this morning at 5:00 AM and made it from FM1960 to the Beltway in 8 seonds flat! (Maybe it was 8 minutes)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fmdog44 said:
Do you change your oil after that many runs? By the way your cool weather is here. I got up this morning at 5:00 AM and made it from FM1960 to the Beltway in 8 seonds flat! (Maybe it was 8 minutes)
No...I race al the time and still change the oil every 7000 miles (synthetic oil). And it was cool this morning, but it was still 79* when I left the track at about 10:30 last night.

Here are some pics from th etrack...And a few videos as well. I have more that I downloaded, but they are taking a while.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/db95d9fd-82e7-4c55-aca3-985300aa2d74.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/aed82eb5-2fd9-4c72-8fc6-985300ad21ec.htm
 

Attachments

·
Fast SHOW Truck
Joined
·
4,445 Posts
Gotta Love That Sound.....its The Best Makes Me Want To Go Drive My Truck Right Now
 

·
09 HEMI
Joined
·
5,964 Posts
Thats sweet. I got in a big argument last night with my girl. I was about to head over there around 9:20 and good thing I didnt because yall guys left at 10:30pm. It would of suck if I was getting there and yall were leaving. Yalls trucks look good and I wish I could have been there. Maybe next time. I do have a quick question... Ray why did one wheel spin?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
04HEMI24 said:
Thats sweet. I got in a big argument last night with my girl. I was about to head over there around 9:20 and good thing I didnt because yall guys left at 10:30pm. It would of suck if I was getting there and yall were leaving. Yalls trucks look good and I wish I could have been there. Maybe next time. I do have a quick question... Ray why did one wheel spin?
Also...I have a video of Ray where he had terrible traction off th eline...and then he shifts into 2nd aty about the 60' mark and both tires light opn fire...smoke just barreling out of both fenderwells...unfortunately, that is the one that is taking forever to download and I am going to Galveston in a few minutes...I will post it tomorrow evening when I get back home.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top