1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
awesome D...

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
It pains me to ask you this...BUT did you happen to dyno with the 6.1 for a 260/6.1 cam comparision? Please don't just answer yes or no, just post the numbers okay homey?!?!?!? Pretty please!!! Nice numbers!!!!

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
good numbers, your hp is prob over 300 cause dont the 4.56's actually show a loss of power on a dyno but its really not?

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Awsome numbers but OMG that chart is all over the place... whats up with that? It looks like scrible... Either way those are some GREAT numbers.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
That ram is a POS!! its dirty as hell looks like you had a good time

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
ppl also show lower power numbers with a converter from what I hear.

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
you guys don't even want to see mine from today.. 1 question though to you smart fellas out there.
DLines truck ran fine see in the graphs it read all the rpms and tq and hp for each rpm BUt on mine it would skip numbers all over the place like from 3400 to 4000 it never read any numbers it just says N/A then at 4000 it gets numbers to 4400 then 4500 to 4800 no numbers just N/A again then it starts back at 5600 to 6k where we stopped it works. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY?!?! it pisses me off i paided for a damn dyno and the guys couldn't get a good reading. we went right off the number 1 injector wires put the clamp over both wires on dlines truck and as you can see it works perfect. 1 thing the guy that installed the dyno said is that with our trucks the frequencys for the clip they put around the wires is really touchy/ I have taylor 8.2 wires would there be to much frequency around the wires to get a good reading?!?! we tried diffrent wires also like #1 #3 # 5 all got the same thing. also if my timing was off 1 tooth would i get a cel for a cam misalignment?
thanks guys i had to vent and hopefully someone can explain to me why this happened.. also when on the dyno were are you sopposed to hook that clip just around 1 of the 2 wires or what? thanks

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Dave...The numbers seem a little low for your mods. I wonder how much the converter and gears are hurting you? I made 307rwhp/351rwtq with just intake, headers, cutout, and superchips...so the stall converter and gears must really rob alot of power on the dyno. Now I want to dyno mine again and see how it does with the converter.

Also, dyno numbers dont mean much of anything to me...Your track times are more than enough to tell me that you have a powerful truck.

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
Now all dline needs to do is, figure out how to remove about 800 lbs from his truck, wait for a great weather day that produces a -800 feet density air correction, and drive to a track that's at sea level with descent traction preparation. Does anyone care to speculate what kind of track times that those conditions would yield?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
dodge3471 said:
Now all dline needs to do is, figure out how to remove about 800 lbs from his truck, wait for a great weather day that produces a -800 feet density air correction, and drive to a track that's at sea level with descent traction preparation. Does anyone care to speculate what kind of track times that those conditions would yield?

6.78 @ 227mph with ramkid in the bed doing cartwheels :D

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
How is he going for remove 800 lbs from is truck? If he were able to do that and catch perfect weather, i would say he would run a 12.7

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
Dave...The numbers seem a little low for your mods. I wonder how much the converter and gears are hurting you? I made 307rwhp/351rwtq with just intake, headers, cutout, and superchips...so the stall converter and gears must really rob alot of power on the dyno. Now I want to dyno mine again and see how it does with the converter.

Also, dyno numbers dont mean much of anything to me...Your track times are more than enough to tell me that you have a powerful truck.
The drag strip is the perfect dyno....it never lies.

·
Banned
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hemiram11 said:
6.78 @ 227mph with ramkid in the bed doing cartwheels :D
i wouldn;t want him doing cartwheels, cartwheels are known to slow the
truck down by 1 sec.

i removed my tow hooks (20 pounds), center seat (29 pounds), & my subwoofer (30 pounds)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.