DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy picked up a Copper 06 Viper and a Black 06 Jeep Cherokee SRT-8 afew months ago.

I met up with him at a local car show tonight, he took me for a spin in his Viper. That's one sick ass car, talk about feeling the G-force. Once I got out, I thought I was going to loose my balance and fall over. :D

His Jeep at the moment is getting some improvements done to the motor, that should be a blast to go for a ride in. I can't wait!!!

Thanks for listening,
Anthony

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
wow thats a good friend to have!! I've driven a jeep srt and that was quite an experience. I'd give anything to take a viper out on the street!

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
I would love to take a ride in a Viper. Even better, I'd like to DRIVE a Viper!

So, did you ask to drive?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I took a ride in a viper about a month ago, an '06 blue one, we had a car show at my college here and i talk with the owner for about a half hour, so when they were getting ready to go i asked if he would mind giving me a ride down the street, when he say'd sure i about shit myself. gotta be about the coolest thing i ever did, when we got back i said thanks and he loaded it up on the aluminum trailer pulled by his '06 cummins dually

Oh and he left his other viper a '95 at home

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
The Jeep SRT-8 is actually quicker unless the Viper guy is a hellova driver...
I had one for a week before buying the srt-10...
{it was quicker than the srt-10 to by the way}
L.

·
Registered
100 Posts
highdollar said:
The Jeep SRT-8 is actually quicker unless the Viper guy is a hellova driver...
I had one for a week before buying the srt-10...
{it was quicker than the srt-10 to by the way}
L.
Umm, not so much 420hp in a 4500lb rig, versus 510hp in a 3300lb rig. Not even close, I have raced my viper with the measly 450hp and it smoked my modded Ram SRT-10 which is the equivlent if not quicker than the SRT-8's. ;)

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
Get Bit said:
Umm, not so much 420hp in a 4500lb rig, versus 510hp in a 3300lb rig. Not even close, I have raced my viper with the measly 450hp and it smoked my modded Ram SRT-10 which is the equivlent if not quicker than the SRT-8's. ;)
The ram srt10 is not as quick the AWD Jeep srt-8.{i'm talkin' trucks here}
$

·
Registered
100 Posts
highdollar said:
The ram srt10 is not as quick the AWD Jeep srt-8.{i'm talkin' trucks here}
$
Correct, stock for stock it is about .4 slower, heck it weighs in at 5700+, however it is amazing what a DC Stage II (80hp/100FTlbs) and a magnaflow exhaust can do.

I went from getting beat stock to stock by 3 cars against my parents SRT-8 Charger, to beating it in a 1/4 mile by 1 full length. It now runs the way it should have from factory! ;)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
holy crap, a new computer and ur up 80horse and 100ft*lbs? wow, you can tell dodge ment for that to be added

·
Registered
100 Posts
highdollar said:
I took a diff approach..
Cat deletes, custom cat back and Nitrous...
I have hurt MANY peoples feelings here in middle ga...{smile}
$
LOL, I'm sure you have! My next mod might be the cat delete, I am just not sure how much louder it will be in the cab, I do not want any exhaust drone!

·
Registered
100 Posts
daklover said:
holy crap, a new computer and ur up 80horse and 100ft*lbs? wow, you can tell dodge ment for that to be added
Yes, it is amazing what it did to this heavy QC, runs like a sum bitch, the first to second shift lays 1' of rubber everytime! best $$ that I have spent on this truck! :D

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
I only have the rear cats off...
I had drne with both front and rear off, so I put the fronts back on...
Opened the sound up some, and really made the truck run cooler..
$

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.