DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was, minding my own business waiting on a light to change green. (I had been waiting for a good 60 to 90 seconds) and all of a sudden I hear screech and then bang and I'm in the middle of the intersection. After about 20 cuss words, and a calming breath. I step out of the truck and see a car that has been caved in. the driver is slumped over the steering wheel not moving. I run over to see if they are ok. And he was fine he just felt bad that he hit my truck. And immediately apologized. This all happened at midnight. He was not drunk or drinking just failed to stop in time. (Probably texting someone or something like that) after the police arrived everything was resolved I got all his info and he got mine. I called the insurance and I'm waiting for them to call me back, after they contact the other guy. Hopefully I will get a call soon and can be in a rental on Monday. I have had a while to think about the truck and what I want to do. I am hoping it’s a total so that I can buy it back. Then I will be going one of 2 ways. Either pulling the drive train and dropping it into a fox body mustang, or building up the truck with an old school 440CI stroker a 727 trans and a ford 9inch tubbed rear end. (And take it full race) we will see what happens…….

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here are some pics.....

Attachments

·
Got Cummins!!!
561 Posts
Really DON'T look bad.. Easy fix!!! Kinda be surprised if it totals!!!

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Really DON'T look bad.. Easy fix!!! Kinda be surprised if it totals!!!
Insurance companies have been totalling cars at the drop of a hat in the last few years, but yeah that doesn't look THAT bad. It's probably 3-4k in repairs, unless there's frame damage. It might end up being cheaper to buy a new (used) bed all together and get it painted.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Yeah doesnt look horrible.. glad your ok.. I hope when I get in an accident its totalled and I can buy it back.. because if they keep it and dont let me strip out my parts I will be so mad..

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Screw Buying It Back! Id Go Get An Srt10

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
OH MAN ... NOT ANOTHER ONE!

:jmad:

I kinda like it when the biggest problems we had here on DT was when Carrie Underwood came to town with her Louieville Slugger. It's like we have someone coming after all of the 3Gen trucks.

She was a real nice truck ... :ugh

Attachments

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
that sucks, but doesnt look all that bad. thats one of those senario's where i would wish i had a bumper

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Yeah doesnt look horrible.. glad your ok.. I hope when I get in an accident its totalled and I can buy it back.. because if they keep it and dont let me strip out my parts I will be so mad..
The trick to that is pay the tow truck driver yourself and have it towed to your house instead of the impound yard. Then you have leverage to deal with the insurance company.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
hell id kill to have someone hit mine and total it without injury! Id be down the road in an srt10 in a matter of hours!

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok guys your not seeing a few details of the damage. the axle has been hit (the diff cover is leaking) my caltracs on one side are bent (the tubing has been tacoed one end to the other) the cab was crushed in about 2 inches. one wheel had the rim get bent (about 3 inches off the bead of the tire). so after seeing the caltracs bent i think the frame is tweeked a little. (at a minimum the spring perch is bent) the bed moved about 3 inches durring the impact from its normal spot to do all the damage to the cab. the beating the axle took makes me concerned about how far the drive shaft was pushed into the trans. now keep in mind i have an srt-10 rear end, a discontinued hotchkiss drop, color matched spray in bedliner, caltracs, custom driveshaft, and custom roll pan, that will all have to be replaced by the insurance company. the truck is only worth $12K my roll pan alone was $1200, bed liner was $650 axle 1200 caltracs 350 driveshaft was 300, and if there is any trans damage that could be 2500. and we have not even talked about the bed, paint body work and labor yet. im sorry but I will be going over this thing with a fine tooth comb and am going to be the biggest pain in the ass for the insurance guy. i will get every dime out of them possable (even if it take me a year) they will repair it to "pre accident condition" not just back to stock. so i have a feeling it will be a total loss.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hell id kill to have someone hit mine and total it without injury! Id be down the road in an srt10 in a matter of hours!
sorry man but i dont like the srt-10's yeah they are cool but the suck down too much fuel and they dont have a v8 rumble. my truck would easly smoke a stock srt-10 in the 1/4. so it seems a little pointless to spend the cash on a 10.

·
1RAM2NV
1,770 Posts
Wow that really sucks man! Hope it all works out for the best.

I have heard from insurance companies that they don't have to replace anything that is aftermarket.

Hope they don't mind covering your aftermarket things.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow that really sucks man! Hope it all works out for the best.

I have heard from insurance companies that they don't have to replace anything that is aftermarket.

Hope they don't mind covering your aftermarket things.
some insurance companys won't but it has to be returned to per accident condition. So the axle needs to be fixed. Roll pan replaced, cab repaired, wheel replaced, taillight replaced, bed and tailgate replaced, trans inspected and repaired or replaced, spring purch inspected and replaced or repaired as needed. Now on a side note when I talked to my insurance co I was told that it will be restored to pre accident condition no matter what if his ins co does not take care of it mine will and go after thers to be compensated.

·
Too much violence
3,892 Posts
Good luck from here on out to you.

The trick to that is pay the tow truck driver yourself and have it towed to your house instead of the impound yard. Then you have leverage to deal with the insurance company.
Great advice, hope I never have to use this knowledge.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
What kind of roll pan cost you so much??? I think ya got ripped off.

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
damn that sucks

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.