DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. For those that have seen me on the Magnum and Charger parts of this forum hello again. Well I was/am in the market for a Charger buttttttttttt, I have started looking into buying properties to sell (fixer uppers) and to save money obviously i'll have to do a lot of house fixing (new landscape, roof, floor, etc etc.) well obviously a 2006 Charger won't exactly be the greatest to haul around paint and cement. So there might be a possibility (sp) of getting a new/used truck. As luck would have it at the dealership my GF works at (buick/gmc/pontiac) there is a used red 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with Hemi and with sport apperance (hood scoop and the racing body kit, also it has Hemi Sport near the end). They are offering 26,000 for it (of course i'm not paying that first i have to see the used car manifest first). oh and it has 17,000 miles on it.

any who i guess my question(s) are:
how much should i offer,
what kind of mileage should i expect (it will become my daily driver on top of paint, cement, etc carrier)
basically any general information.

i know i can find many things on this forum the thing is i'm not to sure how long it will last. well ill probably start seeing more of you guys on this part of the forum. thanks in advance.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
If everything is stock and nothing special added... I wouldn't go more the 23 or 24 or so.

Mileage... I think there are some getting between 11-14 in town and 18 or so on the freeway? Might be high though...

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Is it 4wd? Is it an SLT Package or sport? I know you said it had sport stickers on it so I looked up its value. For 2wd sport with all options, not including leather(just power accessories) 23,200. With 4wd and same options, 26,100. You have to check if it is an SLT and if it has the tow package, sliding rear, what gears,(small amount of money), what wheels, 20's or 17's. etc, etc.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More Info: On the tailgate it says SLT so im guessing its an SLT (but thats just an educated guess :) its 2wd, not leather.

·
fish on
2,132 Posts
dam 2wd and no leather hell you can get a new one for that keep lookin you will find something good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got my 2004 SLT 4x2 with the hemisport package last year for $24000 new so I'd keep looking.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bough an 04 Reg Cab SLT 4x4 Long Bed, 4.7L V8, automatic, aluminum alloy rims 24k miles for $15095 was the price before taxes and my negative equity. :mad:

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Id keep lookin and find a 4x4 Hemi ram, u never know when you'll need that 4x4 workin around the messy yards and fields.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would love the 4x4 but i'm young so there for the insurance company says i'm reckless! How dare they! hehe insurance is enough as it is in a regular car. It will kill me with a 4x4 truck.

·
Registered
244 Posts
4x4 makes a difference with insurance ? My insurance went down 24 dollars a year when i went to 4x4 .... I didnt argue ... and double checked everything hehe even added the GAP insurance through the insurance company. Went from a 1997 Chev 4.3 silverado to a 2005 Dodge PowerWagon 4x4 QC ... Guess I got lucky.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
it looks like I will be looking for a new 2wd quad cab myself in the very near future

trying to decide if I actually like the Mineral grey or if I am going Blue this time.......Patriot seems the choice for me but the Atlantic blue has always looked nice too......decisions decisions

·
HEMINATOR
1,131 Posts
DAmn RAM MAN, i never took a look at your Gallery. Holy Crap, thats a bad A ride. It has to be the BEST 2nd GEN RAM i have EVER SEEN!!! I love it. How many miles you got on that dawg!!! I really like what you have done to keep it clean and smooth... What engine do you have? My dad has a 2nd Gen Cumming Turbo Deisel, and it still screams.. Take it easy bro... Later.......

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
RAM MAN's truck is simply gorgeous. I'd trade the truck I have now for it. :D

slammed1 said:
it looks like I will be looking for a new 2wd quad cab myself in the very near future

trying to decide if I actually like the Mineral grey or if I am going Blue this time.......Patriot seems the choice for me but the Atlantic blue has always looked nice too......decisions decisions
Ok here's my recommendation......... Patriot blue.... taupe leather interior..... then get the bumpers and grille shell painted to make it look like a "Sport" model (kinda like Lassenloop did with his Garnet red truck)..... and you will have one sharp looking ride!:cool:

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Definatly Patriot Blue... it's the color I've been wanting for a while now.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I paid $17,000 for my QC Hemi, so definitely shop around. In the "slightly used" market there are hundreds out there. That price is almost a new price. I wouldn't pay more than 23 used because you can barter a new dealer down into the high 20's. Plus, the more you save, the quicker the payoff (and can buy a charger)

My best HW is 17mpg, avg 15-16. Worst city is 11mpg but avg 13. I get about 14 average overall after mods.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dankent said:
4x4 makes a difference with insurance ? My insurance went down 24 dollars a year when i went to 4x4 .... I didnt argue ... and double checked everything hehe even added the GAP insurance through the insurance company. Went from a 1997 Chev 4.3 silverado to a 2005 Dodge PowerWagon 4x4 QC ... Guess I got lucky.

depends on where you live. If you live in mountain areas (like big bear here in CA) then the 4x4 is actually a insurance discount. If you have 4x4 here in Pomona then they think you bought it to go off roading and up the insurance. Same thing with AWD here in pomona (magnum awd is about 100 more for me on a 6 month premium). just escuses to up insurance

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.