DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the hypertech to a DT member, I drove the truck for the first time since I took the tune out Wednesday night, and all I have to say is I can feel the loss of power. The reason I sold it is so I can hoave my foot surgery with out having to worry about money. Plus I paid for my mopar performance cam several months ago and it still has not arrived, and I am looking forward to the relase of either the diablo or the mopar lx controller. So my question is, has anyone heard about this LX controller? If so was it good, bad or the same as the HT/SC. Let me know what you guys think!!!!

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
how much did u get for the hypertech im trying to sell mine??

·
Total loser.
584 Posts
helo-pilot said:
No offense but I think you are in for a very long wait!!!
yea just like the power pup! huh!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
agreed.. rumor of a Mopar PCM tuner or even a High Perf PCN flash has been circulating since I have been on DT... they should REALLY get with the program and do it though!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Dskirtech said:
agreed.. rumor of a Mopar PCM tuner or even a High Perf PCN flash has been circulating since I have been on DT... they should REALLY get with the program and do it though!
I don't think they will. I have a feeling mopar/dodge has tuned these engines pretty hard from the factory. Thats why they haven't bothered to create a performance PCM even though they know it would be a great seller(if they could do it).

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
dodge3417 or something like that tunned his pcm and It seems to be stronger then superchips or hypertech.

·
The Doc
302 Posts
Jimmy TJ said:
I don't think they will. I have a feeling mopar/dodge has tuned these engines pretty hard from the factory. Thats why they haven't bothered to create a performance PCM even though they know it would be a great seller(if they could do it).
Have you no mods, man? DC could easily have mor HP/TQ on tap if they had wanted. We know SC and HT do it. There is some left in the motor, no doubt about it, its jsut a matter as to when DC will allow us to it.
The Doc..... :cool:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have some mods, including a programmer. They have made a difference in performance. But I just don't think the hemi's computer has the kind of tuning ability that the chevy & ford computer's have. Otherwise someone would have already broken it and cashed in on it :D

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
just sold my hypertech on ebay for 202 dls plus 20 shipping

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
Its my understanding that dodge has twice as many lines of code for each monitoring perimeter.
All "appear" to be functiioning when the vehicle is running.
However, in actuality, only one is needed per function, but all 4 play a role at certain rpm intervals.
Hence, its like fightning a virus in a sense..
Thats just what I have been told.
I would think that piggy back computers will probably offer the most band for the buck.
I myself, am still leaning on an Accel Gen & engine management unit.
I say that the potentian for these engines in stock form is not tapped out yet, and if we could control everything from spark tables, to injector pulse width, along with tranny action, we aould all be suprised what we were missing out on..
L.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
highdollar said:
Its my understanding that dodge has twice as many lines of code for each monitoring perimeter.
All "appear" to be functiioning when the vehicle is running.
However, in actuality, only one is needed per function, but all 4 play a role at certain rpm intervals.
Hence, its like fightning a virus in a sense..
Thats just what I have been told.
I would think that piggy back computers will probably offer the most band for the buck.
I myself, am still leaning on an Accel Gen & engine management unit.
I say that the potentian for these engines in stock form is not tapped out yet, and if we could control everything from spark tables, to injector pulse width, along with tranny action, we aould all be suprised what we were missing out on..
L.
:stu:
hahaha just kiddin... i believe/agree with what u just said.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.