DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very upset I just bought an 02 certified ram 1500 from my local dealership. I had it in for service today to replace a sepintine belt. Well Tonight I picked up my truck and when I got on the hiway and got to around 60 - 65mph my steering wheel started to shake and the whole truck kwas shaking as well? When I brought it in I did not have this problem the truck was great on the hiway and I can't see why it would be out of balence with the work they did. I thought they must of somehow bumped off a balincing weight on one of my front wheels but they look like they are all their. I am planning to go to the dealership towmorrow (saturday) and be the first one their and ask them to fix this for me while I wait since this problem was caused by them. Are the dealerships good about taking you in without an apointment in a case like this? Also any ideas what the problem could be? It feels like balence but I can't see how they can just sudenly be out of balence. I have a long drive to NY towmorrow afternoon and want this fixed for the trip my truck drove so smooth before this.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
It all depends on what kinda of dealer you have in your area. Evertime I go to mine, I never have an appointment, but the only thing I have had them do is the free oil changes. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person, so I don't really know what would cause it to be out of balance like that. I hope they work everything out for you. Welcome to DT and congrats on the Truck. Post pictures when you get a chance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
lets see....serpentine belt....shakey truck on highway....probally not related...sounds like u have a severe case of the ever since u did that now it does this...good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
found the problem

Turns out they rotated my tires while it was in for service but they did not balence. Unfortenetly after they balenced the tires when I went back I still get a vibration in the car between 25 - 30 mph and then 65 on up however my wheel is not as shaky. So I guess I need to bring it in again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.