DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here you go Budnate. A few pics of my truck.
I put the head-ache rack in so it is there all the time. Has 3" angle iron box caps that run the full length of the box. That way I don't dent my box rails with anything heavy.

Then the tool boxes and cable raps (swing out on the left side) are all attached to one main skid that bolts to the fithewheel rails in the bed. Then the welder and both oxygen bottles along with the yellow extention cord (right) and the remote (left) all lift out on another little skid. The tail gate has two sleaves on either side for my vise to fit it to work off of.

These are pics that I had in my computer all ready. If you got anymore questions budnate, let me know. Happy to answer ya.

·
Registered
58 Posts
nice job...the 3 leads coming out the back threw me, I see its a power cord now, I like to rig things, cool idea with the swing out for the leads and power.

B.

·
DFWRAM
2,254 Posts
thats a nice set up i been trying to get my own rig like that i'm a certified welder and would like to work for myself :rck:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Very functional looking setup. Behold the power of blue :rck:

-STeve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very functional looking setup. Behold the power of blue :rck:

-STeve
I am not so sure about the power of blue. LOL....... It quite on me the other day. Just would not start. I fiddled with it all weekend. Ended up taking it to town (2 hrs away). They put a new HR Meter/ Fuel gauge in it. NOw it starts again. Told me that miller had sent out a service notice about falty hr meters! Brought it home and fired it up and it shut itself off after 25 sec's. So after fiddleing and bypassing stuff for a few hrs, back to town I go. Guess what they had to replace!!!!!!!!! That flippen hr and fuel gauge again!!! The machine only had 620hrs on it.......

Anyhoo, If I had to go by a new machine today it would be the Lincoln 3D classic. either the perkin or kabota engine would be fine!!

Thats my thoughts anyways

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I haven't had much experience with gas driven units. But have been very happy with my matic 252 for the little stuff I do. Best of luck getting her up and running.

-Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to hear about that. I haven't had much experience with gas driven units. But have been very happy with my matic 252 for the little stuff I do. Best of luck getting her up and running.

-Steve
yeah any off the mig units or inverters they seem to be great! Would buy a miller inverter in a second!

the welder is running 100% again...............

·
Registered
265 Posts
That is one nice skid set up!I have been trying to decide on a skid set up for my truck.I really like the swig away cable rack that would be real handy.Nice job!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Good use of space, really nice setup.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks clean as hell man. Can you plug a mig into that wilder and mig with it? Like the lay out of everything.
Yeah I can mig or tig with it too. My neighbor has spool gun for aluminum and he plugged it into my welder and tried it. He said it worked great.

Thanks for all the coments guys.

And a little advise for you guys that are thinking about setting up a truck. If you do it in a short box you will have :loud: NO EXTRA ROOM!!!!!!!! LOL Just a little something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I Got about 20K into it. Thats for the welder,tools,skid (iron costs), Cables & hoses, and so on. And I already had the truck, So that is why I went with the short box. Cause I did not want to spend the money on another truck too!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Nice Truck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.