Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Story goes like this

A Ford Ranger (pic) with a drunk and uninsured driver decides to go 50-70mph in a 30mph zone. He hits a bump, loses control and nails the back end of my 2003 Ram Quadcab 4x2 5.9L (pic). The truck was parked on the street right in front of my house when it happened and the sound was brutal. Insurance burns me with $8k for my 2003 with 95k miles, which bluebooks for $11.6k and is on dealer lots for $12k. Im fighting them right now, I want $10k.

In the meantime say hello to the replacement. Thats a 2009 Quadcab Hemi 4x4 with 2300 miles on it. Someone at the dealership drove it, never been titled, full warranty.

First night home an orange malfunction indicator appeared that was for emissions/engine control according to the manual. Few hours and a few re-starts later, it went off. Think I should see the dealer? I remember this same light coming on in my 2003 and the dealer said it was a loose gas cap.....

:rck::rck::rck::rck::rck::rck::rck::rck::rck::rck:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same thing happened to a friend of mine but because he was parked with the driver's side on the curb (on the 'wrong' side of the street) the insurance co is denying him coverage. He's still fighting them on it.

Sorry this happened to ya but you got a NICE replacement and a nice find in an 09 with the lifetime warranty!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They might be 06-08 chrome clads on it, you tell me? I saw the 2010/2009 laramies had different chrome clads, but not sure about the SLT. I haven't been on this forum since I got my 2003 and haven't kept up with all the different wheels. IF they are 06-08s Im going to start asking questions.

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
yeah, those are 06-08 CCs

BUT, based on the headlights, etc - I assume this one may have come from the factory with 17s? Maybe they swapped at the dealership. They don't look bad though!

here are the wheels available on the new trucks - http://www.dodge.com/en/2010/ram_1500/design/wheels/

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The sticker says preferred package 26G I beleive, which Includes chrome clad 20 inch wheels.

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
yeah, my sticker shows the 26G too - which I think are these wheels:

Mine has the chrome clads on it though (crazy, $525 option).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How hard is it to change the grille insert to one like the blue truck above has? 3rd Gen's grills came up with the hood making it easy to change. I can see these being a little harder to get to although I haven't checked. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
981 Posts
These are easy also. You just take off the plastic cover with a few pushpins. Then there are 4 screws at the top and 2 clips at the bottom.

The not so easy part is changing out the grille inserts. They do come out but are a PITA to remove.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
While glad to see you in a 4G... sucks about your last truck. Not a lot of 3G 360s out there.

Yes, those are the 06-08 wheels on there... noted by the flat spot at the tip of the spokes. I sometimes wish I had the rims from my 06 on here, but that's ok as I'll be swapping them out before too much longer anyhow. lol

The grille... it's as easy as removing the headlights to remove the grille to remove the grille insert. lol A little more than it took on the 3Gs...

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
You don't remove the headlights to change the grille. In fact, you can't remove the headlights till you remove the grille, LOL!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah 26G does say 20x8 Aluminum wheels, not chrome clad. I actually like the CC's better but WHY are those on my truck I don't understand!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Why? Because someone probably bought a used 06-08 from the dealer and told them they wanted the wheels that were on a 4G truck and the dealer swapped them out. Everything is negotiable.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just a thought. If your truck did not have 20's from the factory this may have caused your MIL. If the PCM is programmed for 17 or 18 inch wheels and they throw 20's on without changing the tire rev's per mile in the PCM it could cause the truck to throw a code. The pcm is monitoring your mph vs. what your ABS tone ring is telling it. The 20's may be confusing the truck's PCM

I know on my 2010 the EVIC will display "gas cap" or something alonf those lines if you don't tighten it enough so if your truck is similar you can rule out the gas cap as the cause for the light.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
You don't remove the headlights to change the grille. In fact, you can't remove the headlights till you remove the grille, LOL!
Oh yea... that's right. lol Sorry... it's been almost 6 months since I touched the truck. lol :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.