DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just F'n Ducky!

I just discovered that my ePay account has been used by somebody else for the last 5.5 years! I had closed it back on 01, so I thought. Just goes to show ya.

· Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey:

Long time ago (01) I had a ePay account. Had problems, was suspended/banished. Told em to F off & die & shove their place & closed my account. Since then, every once & a while, I'd get some ePay or Paybuddy garbage & figured it was someone phishing. Occassionally, I'd even get some email from some irate individual about something I was supposed to have sold.

Got another what I thought was a phishing expedition today & figured enough, so I contacted ePay. Now their security has live chat (GOOD IDEA). They deal with issues right away instead of the supposed 48 hour wait.

They looked into it & discovered my account was still active even though I closed it back in 01. At 1st the guy was matter of fact sayin my account was open, but after looking into it deeper he saw where I had closed it. Man, there's a bunch of slick people out there. So like the guy on that TV program used to say, "HEY, be careful out there." ;)

· Keystoner
5,488 Posts
hope it didn't have any credit card info. have you checked your history on the account?

· Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yo Rock:

(Looks like the masked mods struck again :thatfunny ) Um, no, I haven't checked squat as because as far as I was concerned, I had been outa there since 01. I probably should if I get a few days to search there. Tell ya true though, the IM they have now is much better than the way it was. Had they had it back then, I might have gotten a different outcome.

As far as CC info, yep, that was out there & DID get nailed. That was part of the trouble. I had bought sumpthin, didn't get it, & was billed for it. Other stuff started getting billed on it too. Ended up goin thru a ringer to get it right (if, as if, it ever gets right again :mad: ). Oh well..... :crazy: :thatfunny

· Keystoner
5,488 Posts
that's crap. I hate thiefs

· Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rock:

That's okay, it was already rubber by then..... :thatfunny

· Keystoner
5,488 Posts
i hear ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts