DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so there i was... cruising home from work the other night, so i check meh speedo to make sure im cruising at the appropriate speed, and i notice my [check engine] light is on... instinctivly, i glance the sticker in my windsheild to check the mileage for the next oil change, then scope the odometer... it read kinda like this: 146145/146097... so i get the oil done the next day. while the Beast was being operated on, the mechanic came in, showed me a couple of parts (a breather, i think and another little one) tells me those are dirty, and can be replaced, and also, that my tranny fluid is rather filty.... so i get the breather done, as i was tight on $....

well, the light was still on, so i took it back today, explained what i knew, and the mechanic tells me that gross tranny fluid should not have the [check engine] light come on... so he plugged in a nifty little computer, and looks at it... and tells me "its something to do with your exhaust... id say either the C02 sensor or theres a hole in it..."

And I sayeth unto him "If there beith a hole in mine exhaust of mine truck, shall it be located upon thine headers or upon thine pipe elsewhere?"... he said no, and his best bet would be along the cat somewhere...

well, coming home from the lube, i looked at the speedo to see if i was appropriately cruising, and the [check engine] light wasnt on... the Beast is a mysterious creature...

help me out with this one guys... im stumped...

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
The check engine light will turn off by itself after so many starts without detecting a problem. At a 146k miles I'd say it's time for a O2 sensor. If the light comes on again have the code read at a local auto shop like Auto Zone, Advanced, etc... They'll do it for free and they'll tell you which one it is that's bad.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Junkie said:
And I sayeth unto him "If there beith a hole in mine exhaust of mine truck, shall it be located upon thine headers or upon thine pipe elsewhere?"... he said no, and his best bet would be along the cat somewhere...
Amish?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BleedDodge said:
no... im fascinated by English literature... Beowulf, King Arthur, Robin hood and such..

·
Registered
631 Posts
English literature --- lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.