DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the old lady gets in the Durango to go home from work and it's raining. The wipers will not come on. Figure it's a blown fuse. She stops to get cigarettes, comes back out and starts it. Wipers work, but now the Service 4wd light is on. She goes to drive away and it won't go. Turns it off and then back on and it goes, light goes off but now that trans is shifting weird, revving really high between shifts like it can't find the gear it wants to be in. If it matters I had the troque converter and front pump on the trans replaced about 2 weeks ago. I have this thing for 3 weeks and it's had nothing but problems the whole time. I hope this is just bad luck. Any ideas what wrong? Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one? Any guesses? Sounds electricle to me.

·
Certifiable User
284 Posts
I have never seen anything here about it, but when I worked for ford we would see alot of the f150's come in with weird intermittent electrical problems that only occured if the vehicle was left sitting in the rain. We finally traced it to bad seal around the bottom of the windshield allowing water to run into the ....can't remember what it was called now but it was a control module that was getting wet near the drivers kick panel/firewall area. Doea it only happen when it's wet out ?

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
You must be getting codes. Have you read them?

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
sounds like another classic example of a bad CTM. Lots of threads on this topic. Good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took it in for warranty. Apparently it was the timer control module that resides behind the driver side kick panel. The module controls the 4wd switch, headlights, wipers, automatic locks, alarm and so on. They replaced it for free since we just bought it and problem solved. Weird. It did just start with the first rain so it will be interesting to see if it happens again. Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.