DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I Liquid Glassed my black truck in the dark covered shade I saw in the morning humidity and it looked like a crack head did it. So I thought I'll just powerbuff it out after work so blend it. I did it all by hand originally because it comes off very easy. At noon with the sun in full bloom I walk out ot my truck and the finish looks flawless. So I'll leave it as is and just not look at it in the morning dew.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
lol :thatfunny

·
Registered
130 Posts
personally i would do everything over again. wash,claybar,wash,wax= ultimate shine

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have used liquid glass for years.

Just Zano'd my truck. Needed to try it because everybody raves about it.

I'll stick with the liquid glass.

Very few shows are held in the dew, morning hours, LOL!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I used to get the same thing with my black blazer. I started using a micro fiber cloth to buff right after removing wax with terry cotton towel. totally stopped the problem.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Weekend before last, I did the wash, clay bar, wash, then wax and didn't have a problem with dew. Used meguiars nxt wax and wiped it off with some microfiber towels afterwards. Probalby the best detailing job I've ever done and didn't even put as much effort or time into it as some of the others I've done.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FireHEMI said:
personally i would do everything over again. wash,claybar,wash,wax= ultimate shine
Personally I would not ,will not and am not. You dance with the one you brought and I'll dance with the one I brought.

·
Registered
221 Posts
fmdog44 said:
After I Liquid Glassed my black truck in the dark covered shade I saw in the morning humidity and it looked like a crack head did it. So I thought I'll just powerbuff it out after work so blend it. I did it all by hand originally because it comes off very easy. At noon with the sun in full bloom I walk out ot my truck and the finish looks flawless. So I'll leave it as is and just not look at it in the morning dew.
I use to get this as well when I used to wax my other vehicle that was black. I think its one of two things...one, the type of towels/cloths that I used were not terry or micro-fiber, and two, liquid glass seems to "look" better and shinier after a day in the sun. I think it actually reacts to the heat and forms a nice clear bond over the paint. They even say the more coats you use of liquid glass, the more protection you had over the paint, as to form a shield.
I have been using Liquid Glass for as long as I have been driving, and I will never use anything else.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gemini70 -since you have used LG for a long time do you apply in small areas? It says to apply in back and forth motion and so I pretty much applied it in large areas and that is what's visible when it humid in the morning. I remember this stuff back in the 60's when it was in a wildy colored striped can with a picture of a 55(?) Cadillac on it but I just never used it. I'm very happy with he results as nothing (dirt) sticks to it after one week.

·
Registered
221 Posts
fmdog44 said:
gemini70 -since you have used LG for a long time do you apply in small areas? It says to apply in back and forth motion and so I pretty much applied it in large areas and that is what's visible when it humid in the morning. I remember this stuff back in the 60's when it was in a wildy colored striped can with a picture of a 55(?) Cadillac on it but I just never used it. I'm very happy with he results as nothing (dirt) sticks to it after one week.
I use to apply it by hand, small sections at a time, but in a circular motion. The thing was, I use to apply it, on purpose, in the early morning before it started warming up. I use to get the car 3/4 done and when it would warm up, that final 1/4 of the car took just as long to do as the first 3/4. When you apply it, and you notice a haze after wiping it off, use a terry cloth or a micro fiber cloth and wet it slightly, and wipe the haze away. The wet cloth works every time. Then sit her in the sun and let it bake!

Now that I have a Ram, I refuse to do it by hand. I now use an orbiter (sp?) and do the front end, then wipe off ( sometimes I still wipe off by hand. ), then one side, wipe off, the back end, wipe off, and then finally the remaining side. The whole truck with the orbiter takes me about 45 mins for one coat.
I also like applying two coats, one a week, and then let it go for 6 months. Any extra needed coats due to excessive rains I will throw on but not as deligently as the first two weeks.

Matter of fact, I am due for my spring-summer wax soon!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did not bake it for 4 hours per the directions because I applied it near sunset set because it's cooler. I plan to do another coat this coming Memorial Day (bless our troops) and I will use my orbital as well. I'll try the damp applicator you mention as well. I just rinsed it at the wand wash and I have NEVER seen beeding like that ever!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.