DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just under the front pass side door on my truck is a solid block of metal bolted to a bracket attached to the frame. It's kind cylindrical in shape with a hole on the middle.

Anyone know what this is? I was thinking maybe a vibration dampener or something?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
All these years and now I finally understand... a picture IS worth a thousand words. ;)

I don't know off hand... I'll try and look under my truck tomorrow.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Car bomb?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ford droppings? :D

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,292 Posts
Its a homing device for cheby's so they can be taught a lesson!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
lmao....probably a honda....lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
sounds like it might be the weight attached to the exhaust to stop the vibration sound at stops. Cheesey dealer fix!

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
quick99 said:
sounds like it might be the weight attached to the exhaust to stop the vibration sound at stops. Cheesey dealer fix!
Nope it's bolted to the frame... Actually on both sides.

Here are the pics i promised!

Attachments

·
Murdered out
518 Posts
looks like a vibration dampener kindof like a bow has if there rubber

·
Banned
754 Posts
Thats the built in rattle that is programed to start around 50k miles. drives you crazy and makes you trade for a new truck. then they replace it and sell the used truck to another unsuspecting fool. the replacement starts rattlin at 20k miles and so it goes lol :thatfunny

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, my '05 RCSB 1500 doesn't have them. Maybe I should mod a couple on...? :secret2:

Chuck

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
chipraider77 said:
Thats the built in rattle that is programed to start around 50k miles. drives you crazy and makes you trade for a new truck. then they replace it and sell the used truck to another unsuspecting fool. the replacement starts rattlin at 20k miles and so it goes lol :thatfunny
Sounds plausible....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.