DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas,

Well had the lift on for about a month and a half now. its a 6" bds long arm kit. Got the alignment sheet showing before and after numbers. pretty well bang on. drove her 1.5 hours after to get home and rode great. could let go of steering wheel and would drive straight.

About 2 weeks later i noticed i had to turn the wheel abit to keep it straight. Even looking at the front end from a distance its noticable the 1 tire is toed out abit. But it changes. Sometimes i have to turn the wheel clockwise to keep it straight and sometimes counter clockwise. Weird eh? And its defenetly not cause the "road crown" i have tried driving on both sides of the road, lol.

Any ideas? nothing seems loose, it has a dual bds steering stabalizer. Could this be a premature steering box? truck only has 5000km's on it. heard dodge doesnt seem to have the greatest steering

· Registered
2,811 Posts
it could be that the truck has gone down in height a little and that would cause your tires to toe out, the best thing to do is get the cross over steering from thuren fab,

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks raj, ill look into that

· Big Riggin'
509 Posts
make sure the adjustment sleeves are all tight too.

· Registered MOPAR User
9,389 Posts
Sounds like it settled a bit. See if you can take her back in a get another alignment, They should cover you on this if it was a decent shop that did the instal!

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes i have driven a lifted truck before, i have 3 lifted trucks and this one is defenetly strange. I will take it back in for an alignment but i thought if it were to settle it would have "negative camber" not "toe out"

Ya maybee the alignment just came loose. Thanks fellas

· Registered
86 Posts
that is strange, sounds like what everone has says. Something probably came loose, I know alot of guys who drive their first lifted truck and think everything is wrong. If you have a bunch we can rule that out.

· Registered
19 Posts
My 03 had a 4 1/2" lift and did the same thing after a year or so - Tire shop said the ball joints were worn-out....

· Registered
510 Posts
THis is my first lifted truck, and still feel like im outa control!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH wait the truck is not the problem hahahahahahahaha..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.