DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed a squeak from my left front tire. It only does it when the wheel is turned. If i am going strait there is very little, unsually no squeak at all. But once i turn the wheel it starts. I was thinking it could be my U-joints starting to go out. Anyone else had this happen? Any idea what it is?

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Could be your brakes. The indicator could be starting to rub on the rotor. Pull off your front tires and take a look.

·
Ironram
308 Posts
check the brakes but first with the truck on the ground slide under and grab the joint in the axle shaft and wiggle on side of it back and forth should not be any play if that is good check the brakes then check the hub bearing for any play hope this helps good luck

·
Registered
302 Posts
lots of vehicles make a squeeking noise when the wheels are turned as far as they can go left or right. I probably did not help you at all since your problem sounds different then what i wrote. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not only when its turned all the way, If they are turned even the slightest bit it starts to squeak.

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
You power steering box is shot. Are you bleeding red fluid on your driver side front end? Cause I can guarantee that the power steering box is a good possibility. You know why I know? Cause mine went bad this weekend after mudding and I have already changed mine twice.

-Pat-

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its not the power steering box. It only comes from the left front wheel. I just changed the brake pads and it is still doing it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.