DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Here is quick curious question more than anything else. Has anyone used a re-usable oil filter?

Been reading :STY: about them and they seem messy to clean, but on a more critical analysis, are they any good? Why get one? :dunno:

They aren't cheap, don't seem to filter as well (ok, I only looked at how small the particles that they filter are, normally around 35 microns, the K&N Gold filter I currently use claims filteration down to 10 microns) .

Thoughts???

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
I'd bet that 35 micron rate goes up quick after it starts being used too. I've never heard of such a thing before but I doubt it would be worth the expense.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
the PITA factor wouldn't be worth the reduced cost to me...

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would stick to what you are currently using....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with what has been said so far. I couldn't understand how the re-usable filter would work. The closest thing I saw to this is a fuel filter, but petrol is so much thinner than oil. No to mention that the fuel like probably won't have metal shreddings in it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No i dont trust the reusables..

I just bought a PureOne that will go on with my next oil change. Not sure if they are the best out there, but it was the best the auto parts store had in stock. I wont even let my D within 50 feet of a fram.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.