DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Former Ram owner
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this problem has been happening since the cold weather has gotten here. It started off just happening when it was really cold out, but recently it has been doing it even in warmer weather. What happens is sometimes it will start fine, but frequently it will start right up (barely cranks) but then it will sputter a couple times and stall. Then it doesnt start w/out cranking it and giving it some gas. Then if I get off the gas, it will stall again. It is starting to get a little annoying, and it is happening more frequently now. I would think spark, but it only does it here and there. So then I would say fuel, but same thing... its intermittent. I am at a complete loss... PLEASE HELP!!!
thanks

kenny

·
Registered
532 Posts
How many miles, what motor, what fuel pressure on the rails? Didn't see any info. in you sig? :D

·
Former Ram owner
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the 360, its got just over 70k on the clock. I havent checked the fuel pressure yet...havent really gotten a chance to even work on anything, I was just trying to get some ideas. Im giong to try the fuel filter on my next day off and see if that helps...
Any other suggestions?

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
try cleaning the IAC solenoid first.
Takes about 15 minutes, need to remove the stock air box and have a torx bit handy to remove the solenoid in the rear of the throttle body.
It's either dirty or not functioning correctly.
The AIC allows more/less air in to regulate idle RPMS, and acts as a 'high idle' effect when cold starting during warm up.
The reason you don't have the problem in the summer is because it's warm enough to not require the high idle.

·
Registered
395 Posts
How old is the battery? Sounds like what my Interpid was doing. New battery fixed the problem.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree clean the IAC port /plunger and TB while ur there. Seems like a common but easy fix? Filters in the tank.

·
Tracker81
74 Posts
Yeah I wouldnt mess with the fuel filter yet it is not the easiest fix in the book, kinda sounds like the IAC is a little gummed up. If you hit the accelerator when it sputters does it continue to spit around or does it clear up and only have this problem at idle. If only at idle I would suggest pulling the IAC located on the back of the throttle body and cleaning it with a rag and some carb cleaner then using some seafoam afterwards to clean the rest of the intake manifold

·
Former Ram owner
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it does it for the first couple hundred rpms when revving, then it clears right up. But if i rev it, when it returns to idle, it seems like it goes too far, and then stalls. I will try the IAC and see if that does it. Any special way to clean it, or just pull it out and spray it with some brake cleaner???

·
Tracker81
74 Posts
Clean it with the brake clean and a soft plastic bristle brush or a rag

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
don't twist it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.