DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home from a round of Poker last night, I noticed a weird noise coming from the front of the vehicle, mostly when I turn. It is a clunking type of noise. Anyone know what it might be? I hate to have to take it to a dealer to find out it is something I can do; or worse yet, have the dealer tell me they dont know what it is and I still get charged for the inspection (yes, has happened to me before.)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had the same thing happen, was the tube step came loose.

·
Banned
524 Posts
Souns like a suspension link, maybe swaybar endlink? Mine are squeaking, and something is loose too, when ever i hit a bump, it feels ok, but sounds like shit outside the vehicle

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same exact situation here. That is the situation that I was talking about earlier. I hear a squeak noise and didnk know what it was. I couldnt hear it with the windows up, but when I rolled down any window I could hear a squeak. I took it to the dealer and they said that one of the tie-downs in the bed was loose and that they tightened it. (They also had the truck for 9 and a half hours, making me late to work. I drove the truck off the lot with it still squeaking. Is that a pricey repair?

·
Banned
524 Posts
Well, you can check your suspensin and ensure everything is tight......I'd check the service manual for torque specs...

http://www.hemitruckclub.com/03DRM.pdf

I'm thinking about going to polyurethane bushings, but you can't grease them (or can you?) which you might need to do to get them on, but then they'll squeak like a SOB...

·
Registered
840 Posts
It's probably that deer you hit on the way home "from a round of Poker last night" . Might want to pull it out from under there.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didnt notice a deer....musta been cause I was still trying to find out what happened to my money....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.