DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Gen-3 1500 w/4.7L / 4-spd automatic. During engine on and stopped, anytime shift select to another position, e.g., P to D, I hear this "clicking" sound for two seconds. It is originating, best I can tell, from under the vehicle passenger side. Its not the cat unit. Doesn't appear to be from trans/TC area. Hell, if I knew I wouldn't be sending this.

Any help out there???
Tks :help:

·
Banned
4,819 Posts
Does It Go Click Click Click --click Or Does It Go Click---click Click ---click
If Its The First One Its The Factory Installed Clicker If It The Second One Its An After Market Clicker

·
Banned
524 Posts
LOL!!

Does it do it when shifting from park to reverse, then to drive, etc..? If so, it's the tranny...as long as it's a rapid click....it's normal

most DC vehicles do this

·
AndIHopeYouLikeRamminToo!
1,438 Posts
It's due to the fact that out trannies have electronic control. All of them do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yahoo!

Well, well, well...we have a sense of humor despite a challenged intelligence quotient. Does your brain sequence in packets of "duh...duh...duh" or is it more like "well duh...well duh...like duh"? If it's the former, you can lay it off on genes, but if it's the latter, it's a learned trait!

Larry289
PS: Little humor never hurts!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
nice sixth post

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Larry289 said:
Well, well, well...we have a sense of humor despite a challenged intelligence quotient. Does your brain sequence in packets of "duh...duh...duh" or is it more like "well duh...well duh...like duh"? If it's the former, you can lay it off on genes, but if it's the latter, it's a learned trait!

Larry289
PS: Little humor never hurts!

:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

someone got OWNED!!!!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Whats wierd is I hear allot you saying this is normal.. I have never heard it in my tranny.. I guess I need to be listening for a CLick CLick sound when I shift into and out of desired gear?

Hmmmm... Ill have to check that out.

·
Banned
524 Posts
that could be a problem...LOL

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Hmmmm. So which would be worse? Having a strange sound that no one else has? Or not having a strange noise that everyone else has acknowledged? :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.