DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
noticed on the way home from plowing my 5.9L gas dodge 2500 slowly lost power, till turning onto my street i basically had to have the truck floored as i pulled into my driveway

sounds like its running on 2 cylinders whne you keep it floored

it will idle (super super noisy out ot the AIC hole...louder than ive ever heard before)

as soon as i so much as touch the throttle it will choke and die, i sprayed ether all around the intake, no change in rpms

when you spray ether into the throttle body, it actually kills the engine! you can start it with the pedal to the floor and it will choke and rock and buck and die after 5-30 sec. new fuel pump 1000 miles ago, and you can smell its getting plenty of gas

soo...i checked the coil, a nice healthy spark....also redid plugs, cap, rotor, wires, code that popped was O2 bank 1 Lean, so put in a new o2 sensor, but that lean condition is caused by what?

i figured it had to have been a leaky intake but cannot make the rpms change no matter how much i spray, also no burnt oil in the intake or funny smoke

i need this for tomorrow nights storm again! i want to start replacing stuff, but dont know if i should do crank or cam position sensor, or new ecu (since the o2 sensors are controlled by it right?) i took the computer apart and all connections are nice, no corrosion or mositure inside

any ideas?

STOCK 1997 2500 4x4 reg cab 5.9L

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
How old is your catalytic converter?

·
Registered
265 Posts
good deal.glad you got it fugured out

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was going to suggest the converter, because when I purchased my truck the converter was rattling and the performance of the truck was very poor. They put a new CAT pipe on my truck and changed the spark plugs and it ran much better ( night and day difference) Glad you got it figured out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.