DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this question stirs from swapping my buddy's 06 20'' chrome clad rims, to my 05 chrome clad 17's. picking them up side by side and one after the other did not feel like much of a difference.

i thought i remember reading that 05 20's where like 80lbs, the stock steel 17's where like 40lbs and the aluminum17's where like 20-30lbs? can someone confirm this, or make a list of all factory rims and weights from 02-08. Please specify whether the weights are with or without tires. thanks

·
Registered
807 Posts
Aluminum 17's from the '02-'05 Off-Road pkg are 25 lbs ea.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Im not sure how dead nuts accurate my scale is, but this is what it said for my offroad edition 17" wheel. I dunno how many balancing weights were on it.

KB

Attachments

·
Undercover ninja
287 Posts
If my stock 20" flower wheels are 80 lbs each, I'll be in line at the tire shop here pretty soon to pick up some new wheels. That seems kinda high to me, but I haven't ever checked into it. 80 lbs on all 4 corners is a boatload of rotational mass....

·
Registered
32,955 Posts
If my stock 20" flower wheels are 80 lbs each, I'll be in line at the tire shop here pretty soon to pick up some new wheels. That seems kinda high to me, but I haven't ever checked into it. 80 lbs on all 4 corners is a boatload of rotational mass....
If I remember correctly the 80 lbs includes the tire.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I weighed a stock 20 (pre '07) and with tire it was 80 to 82#. I weighed my offroad 17 with tire and it was 72#. My friend weighed his 2007 20" with tire and it was 72#.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.