·
03_HEMI
578 Posts
ya i did mine the other day mine was 6100 LB pretty heavy. lol

·
Registered
356 Posts
sweeet...whered you do that?

and what kinds of things do you have that add weight to your truck? cuz I was kinda hoping to be under 5K?

...just saw 4x4...

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
004hemi go the the seminole county dump with so branches in the back throw them on the wood pile and on the way out the scale will show ya what you weight with you in it! and its only like 4 bucks to get into the dump, cheap and easy way to get your weight!

I was about to say did you see his is a 4x4! but you got it

·
03_HEMI
578 Posts
yep thats were i got my weight

·
Registered
147 Posts
My RCSB 4x4 came in at 4650. I've deleted alot though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a REG. Cab 4x4 and the info. on the side of the door says it weighs over 6k. I guess the door is incorrect?

2,395 Posts
dang... last time i went to the track when i ran the 13.2 i decided to weigh mine...it weighed 5110 lbs with me in it!!! and im 2wd!!!

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Justin 420, that weight on your door placard is your GVWR or the amount of the truck and the max pass. weight added together.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
03_HEMI said:
ya i did mine the other day mine was 6100 LB pretty heavy. lol
Did you have a ton of bricks in the bed? There's no way a RCSB weights 5,200lbs and a Quad Cab weighs 900lbs more.

·
03_HEMI
578 Posts
hey thats what my sheet said when i came out i dont know but i go their atleast once a week and its always right around their but im a big guy so that might be it. LOL

·
Banned
24 Posts
My dealer invoice says 4979 lbs. empty. With 400 lbs of passengers and 24 gallons of gas, (another 200 lbs.), my weight was 5650 at the scrap yard, so my invoice was correct. I have a 05' QC 4.7 4x4, 6-speed. I don't know how much heavier a Hemi is or an automatic tranny. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
357 Posts
I wonder what my megacab hemi 4x4 weighs in at.

·
Registered
908 Posts
i wieghed in at 5320lbs when i transferred from texas to north carolina. that was me, full tank, and nothing else besides stock equipment installed. 2003 4.7L quad cab

·
Rev it up!
461 Posts
jobuz said:
My dealer invoice says 4979 lbs. empty. With 400 lbs of passengers and 24 gallons of gas, (another 200 lbs.), my weight was 5650 at the scrap yard, so my invoice was correct. I have a 05' QC 4.7 4x4, 6-speed. I don't know how much heavier a Hemi is or an automatic tranny. Just my $0.02
I have the QC Hemi and mine weighed around 4985 lbs. when I went to the dump. I too was puzzled how could a RC weigh more than mine.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Hmm Interesting... I wouldnt put allot of faith in the calibration of the scales @ a city dump. Because of how they charge (at least how they do it here) it wouldnt be cost effective to pay to have the scales calibrated often. They are looking for "Ballpark".

You could also roll up to a Truck Stop and slip the scale operator $5 and he would weigh ya. I would *think* that would prolly be a bit more accurate.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I usually stop at the closed weigh stations... you can weigh for free.
I have taken my boat there to see how much I have in it when we go
camping. There happens to be one right by the lake that is never open.

·
Registered
147 Posts
dline said:
05ramhemi what did you take off?
In my sig: Spare tire & jack: 85 lb., overloads: 30lb., rear bumper/tow bar(replaced with roll pan): 80lb. Keep gas tank low: about 100lb.
The only problem now is getting traction (Fun smoking the tires though) but I'll trade it for more power & better gas mileage.

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
I weighed mine at the drag strip...came in at 5,280 with me in it...so I guess about 4950 without me.

That was with my toolbox in, but empty...its made of aluminum. I dont remember if I had my spare on or not, but I dont carry the jack or tools.

Only other thing that added weight was my subs and boxes, but I couldnt imagine it being too much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.