DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
with my leveling kit it holds water like a cup. i actually had water spill out of it when i took my assembly out from the truck.

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
with my leveling kit it holds water like a cup. i actually had water spill out of it when i took my assembly out from the truck.
Yikes! What level kit do you have? I don't recall mine having a bowl or anything on it.

Only time will tell... haha

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
mines the HBS kit. it doesn't have a bowl but the way the upper strut mount is, the sides of the leveling kit pretty much seal the top off and it holds water. ur in the desert and u prolly dont have many water issues out there. ;D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Will these work on a stock suspension truck? Where did you get them?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I have a set of low mileage stock front strut cartridges if anybody wants them.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have a manual on dvd says to remove the caliper and rotor to replace the struts. I couldn't tell by your pic. Is that needed. If so I will wait till new rotors show up and do the brakes at the same time. Also what bare the best places for stands and blocks for support during the job. Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
Are most guys using the "shock boots" as well? I recently special ordered a new pair of shocks and after getting them in I see it says "shock boots sold seperately".
Just wondering if they are mainly for looks, or if they will get pretty caked with mud/water and the shock boots are recommended.

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have a manual on dvd says to remove the caliper and rotor to replace the struts. I couldn't tell by your pic. Is that needed. If so I will wait till new rotors show up and do the brakes at the same time. Also what bare the best places for stands and blocks for support during the job. Thanks
YES!! You will gain almost 4-6 inches of travel on the lower control arm. This will make it so much easier to install/remove the strut. I did not use the strut compressor ON THE TRUCK. I could remove it and install it just fine with the caliper and rotor taken off.

Attachments

·
Registered
952 Posts
You do not have to remove it, I personally did not, but like mike (that sounds cool) said it would make it easier

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
As you can see I just removed the two bolts holding the rotor on, and then took the entire rotor off with the caliper still on the rotor. So I didn't even have to touch the brakes at all.

I personally would like to see this done without the rotor taken off. I guess if you didn't have a level kit.. yeah.. but if you have a level kit.. I'd like to see how you did it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.